PDA

View Full Version : 91' Seebold Warrior setup?

C.C.inS.C.
09-21-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm new here so be nice. I have a 91 seebold warrior with a Merc 2.5 Drag,Bobs machine shop 8" jack plate,28"Lighting ET .Prop shaft 2" above bottom.I use 114 octane go juice&red line oil.GPS speed is 101 mph at 8100 rpm,long way from 300 hp @ 9000 rpm.Should I go up with the motor or try another prop? Boat runs level & very easy to drive.The weather looks good for tomorow morning,hope somebody can help.

Nosubforcid
09-23-2002, 02:22 PM
You need more setback. When Ricky Comer reworked that bottom into the Visioncraft the best change he made was inserting the mold to shorten the running surfaces. Depending on hull weight and passenger load you are going to want between 12-18" of total offset. I know it sounds crazy on a 18' boat but that is what it takes to get a Warrior to really fly. The seating position is so far forward in those things that it makes the CG to running surface relationship all goofy. A Warrior eats up rough water like no other 18" boat I have ever seen but avoid playing offshore racer with the big offset and expect some stress cracks in the splashwell. Once you get back far enough your ET will be a pretty good all around prop but a lab cleaver will probably provide the best big numbers.

DaveR
09-25-2002, 09:48 AM
I have a '86 with a 2.4 EFI Mod-VP. The problem with the Warrior is the same as it's advantage. The tunnels are deep which makes it a great rough water boat, but it also dumps too much air and looses lift. Don't expect to run withthe STVS and Mirages with equal power. My set-up is similar to yours except I'm about 1 1/2" high on the same 8" set back. I GPS at 90 mph. The best all around prop I've tried is my 28" chopper, but I had a 28" cleaver that gave better transom lift, but it went to the bottom of the lake with the broken prop shaft before I could get a good top end run with it. When I went from 5" to 8" set back I glassed in some knees to the transom and under the deck to help hold it together. I was going to try more set back, but I think I'll try and sell it this fall.

They made a couple bottoms on that boat too. Drag120 on the board has one also, but his has a short notch in the transom ( only an inch or two I think) that he filled in with a plate when he raced it. He has run a 2.4 and 2.5, and I think he was near 106 in the quarter mile. E-mail him for his advise, he'll be glad to help.

Oh, they also made at least two versions (weights) also. Mine started out as a lake / pleasure boat with a floor and 4 seats.

Good luck

DaveR
09-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. When I got mine I called Seebold Racing and they put Tim on the line (way cool!!) but he told me to use no more than 4" of set back. Oh well...........

DaveR
09-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Hey Tom, I'm hearing reports the warrioris lookin' really good. I'll have to see it in person some time!