PDA

View Full Version : Good starter boat/engine combo

jlay
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey guys, What would be the best motor engine combo to go with? I don't want something too slow, but I also don't want something that I have to tune all of the time. I did notice that c c racing is really close to me, but i would prefer to start off with something used. Is a v hull easier to drive than a cat or vice versa? Thanks in advance!

Mark Poole ModVP
12-04-2009, 06:46 PM
If you are talking gas powered go with a v hull, yes they are easier to drive.

If you want a nitro boat that does not require a lot of tuning then get a 3.5 cc tunnel hull. Good speed for the money. My 3.5 tunnel has had the same engine on it for over 4 years.

Jo Boone
12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
a good vhull nitro starter would be a supervee 27 . you can get them from $100-$175 used with every thing....:thumbsup:

RLP
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Go on over and see Carlo at CC Racing. :thumbsup:

Tom Foley
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Carlo will get you rolling or I can set one up for you as well . Figure out if you want nitro or gass . If you have any questions pm me I'll try to help .

jlay
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
a good vhull nitro starter would be a supervee 27 . you can get them from $100-$175 used with every thing.

Where can you find them at that price? I thought nitro's had to be constantly tuned? Thanks again guys!

fichrman2
12-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I dont know about constant tuning, I have barely touched (if at all) the needle in my X-Mono in several races. Its getting a good base line that can be a little tricky. Once you have that, its pretty cut and dry.
As long as your near someone with some nitro experience its really not bad at all. I prefer the challenge myself. :thumbsup:

Touch base with Foley, he's got some great stuff that needs a home, and Im sure would help you out.

Andy

Mastercraft241
04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Where can you find them at that price? I thought nitro's had to be constantly tuned? Thanks again guys!
Jay, I have a 51" apache. Goes about 55mph, has tabs labbed propellor etc. I haven't even run it yet. It costs about $1,250 NEW. Everything is in PERFECT condition. Ill let it go for $750. Here are some pics.