PDA

View Full Version : phone numbers ?? /profiles for seller or buyers manditory

afr
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
man everyone should list there phone number,s in there about me section of there profiles it sure would make things a lot easer for people to cumunicate faster

just a thought
:cheers:

RNM018
11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I agree with sellers having to list there ph numbers . Some times these guys don't check back ,and someone who is serious about buying doesn't get what they needed .

Rich Martin 018 :thumbsup:

scc82
11-27-2009, 04:39 PM
:iagree:if you want to sell, you should be available to talk on the phone.

transomstand
11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm not very free about posting personal information here. I understand there are computer programs that "farm" message boards for phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses, etc.

I think I'd rather see a requirement that buyer and seller exchange info through PM before a deal is completed.

Problem is, if somebody's a crook, they'll find a way around any action required by Scream and Fly:(

afr
11-27-2009, 05:01 PM
yea i pose your right i heard about web crawlers and crap

Mark75H
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
it is very easy to defeat the web crawlers, they are looking for specific strings

How many times are Dave Steckbauer's and Jim Ruck's phone numbers posted here, Hydroracer & BRF every year? ... if it isn't hurting them, it isn't going to hurt a seller to post his number here.

And guess what ... your phone number is already available somewhere else on line most of the time, duh

If you are paranoid, delete the thread after the sale

Jo Boone
11-27-2009, 06:01 PM
:iagree:if you want to sell, you should be available to talk on the phone.:iagree:

transomstand
11-27-2009, 06:45 PM
And guess what ... your phone number is already available somewhere else on line most of the time, duh

So, duh, tell me mine:p