PDA

View Full Version : 260 merc in Australia

mullamaster
11-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Have a 93 260 merc that I may be selling but dont really know what they're worth down under? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jay Smith
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Complete or drop on ? What pistons? What ECU, what gear case, 15" or 20" , Offshore leg, or BASS model 20" ???Digital or older anaolg ?

LOTS of varibles that can effect prices..

Gooday,
Jay

tabararacing
11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
You could argue that it would be worth the approximate cost of shipping to get it there. Roughly to ship something like that from here to the states would be $800 if you have an known shipper and were to air freight from the midwest.

So find a similar engine in the US that is in similar condition add $800 US and you should be in the ball park. That's a good rule of thumb. I sell my equipment worldwide for the same price as stateside. I can ship engines overseas for slightly more than domestic.

It's surprising that I can send a boat to Ireland for 2,000 (20' ocean freight container) and for me to have a boat trucked from Minnesota to Florida its 1400.

Brian

mullamaster
11-20-2009, 03:30 AM
Complete or drop on ? What pistons? What ECU, what gear case, 15" or 20" , Offshore leg, or BASS model 20" ???Digital or older anaolg ?

LOTS of varibles that can effect prices..

Gooday,
Jay

Complete, dunno, std, CLE, 20", thats about all I know.

Thanks for the reply Jay