PDA

View Full Version : Jasper River Run And Play Day

Rodney Nance
09-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Here is the schedule and directions for Friday Oct.11. The River Run will leave Shellmound recreation area at 11.00 am CST. It is 40 miles to downtown Chattanooga heading north. Everybody do their own thing as how far and how slow or fast they want to go. Chattanooga has a couple of Marinas that sell mid grade gas. If your boat needs higher octane better bring some booster or 5 gallons of race gas. We will play around the downtown area for awhile refuel and head back down river whenever you guys decide. Lots of scenery on the way back to drift thru or hammer down back to Shellmound. After we return to Shellmound we can hang around the boat ramp area for grudge races etc. Also any of you that cant make the trip that morning or dont want to run that far meet us back at the ramp that afternoon. If coming east on 24 from Nashville get off at exit 158 & turn right. If going west on 24 from Chattanooga get off and turn left. This is the same exit as the races just go the opposite direction than the race site. Shellmound is about a mile on the left. That night at the Acuff Inn exit 155 we are going to have BBQ and live entertainment. A local BBQ guy will be selling plates for 6.00 each. Roger Alan Wade will start playing at 8.00 pm until whenever. See you there!

wolf300tt
09-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Can you recommend a campground that can accomodate a large motorhome with pleasure craft in tow?

Rodney Nance
09-18-2002, 09:09 PM
The races are at Marion County Park. Camping is on site.

wolf300tt
09-18-2002, 10:10 PM
I don't suppose you have a phone number on them handy. I would like to try to book in advance.

Rodney Nance
09-18-2002, 10:44 PM
I dont know if they have a number or not. The county has a caretaker that lives on site. I know a guy that should be able to get the number if there is one. I will give him a call Thursday and post here what I find out.

Unloaded Racing
09-19-2002, 03:28 AM
We will be at the Acuff Friday night for sure.
Tim

Balzy
09-19-2002, 10:36 AM
Do you know of any bigger boats that might be able to carry some gas for me? We may also have a few extra passengers. Got any boats that could carry a guy or too from the Northland? This is gonna be a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for setting this up. Oops I forgot, this is not set up or orginized.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rodney Nance
09-19-2002, 06:30 PM
The number for the park is 423-942-6653. They do take reservations. Balzy I know of a couple bigger boats coming and I will ask them about carrying some gas. This thread would be a good place to get people that are coming that have extra room to hook up with those needing a ride. So how about it if you have a extra seat let us know.

wolf300tt
09-24-2002, 07:52 PM
As of today, only 4 spots left at the campground. If anyone plans on camping, you better call ahead.

Drew

Hank W
09-24-2002, 11:16 PM
At the Days Inn. Only 2 of the listed motels had rooms left. I'm in. See ya at the ramp in my Ally.

Instigator
09-25-2002, 08:54 AM
You can take my name off the boat ride needed list.
My girlfriend and I won't be able get down that early:mad:
Hopefully in time to see some testing but I think thats about 8 or 9 hrs for me and the only way I could make it in time for the cruise would be to come the night before and I can't aford another night at the Acuff.
Thanks anyhow, and we'll see you at the barbecue/party!
Gary

Rodney Nance
09-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Just be damn sure you make it to the Acuff Friday night. It's starting to look like the mother of all parking lot party's.

Hank W
10-19-2002, 07:39 PM
I just wanted to let you know that the 4 of us had a great time. We even went back Sunday morning for a morning ride before we headed back to Alabama. Thanks for planning the ride and I'll be back next year with more power so I can run up front.:D

Rodney Nance
10-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Glad you guys enjoyed the ride. It sounds like some of the Alabama guys might be getting something going for next year. Maybe we will be making a trip down your way for that. If you are up this way again next Spring just holler and we will hit Nickajack again.

Hank W
10-21-2002, 07:23 PM
get a ride together, I'll bring my boat. Since it will be close to home we may bring our Viper too. I'll help "prod" them into it. I odered the gaskets and rings for my "new" 1995 260 this morning. I'm like a little boy on Christmas Eve right now. See ya