PDA

View Full Version : Doug Lewis' Progress

Sharkey-Images
09-18-2002, 11:10 AM
I just got an update on Doug's progress. CLICK HERE. (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine/id42.html)

Sharkey-Images
10-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Here is the latest from Leeanne!!!

Hi Everyone!

Doug was released from the hospital this afternoon after 10 days. He was admitted due to a high fever (104.7) of unknown origin. The poor guy was subjected to more intense tests and CAT scans that all revealed - NOTHING! That's the good news. He has no hidden problems, so that is a great relief to me. Now that his temps are back to normal the docs believe he had a reaction to the antiobiotics they were giving to prevent him from getting any infections while his immune system was down. We learned he has drug allergies the hard way!

Thank you all so much for staying in touch with us while we're in Godforsaken SEATTLE. I've printed your get well wishes and have read them all to Doug. They also help me feel a more connected to the "real" world.

As some of you may already know, the docs anticipate our going home in 2-3 weeks provided, of course, no more surprises come up. Doug needs a couple more days before he'll begin to feel more like himself. After that you can call him on his cell phone at (732) 995-8523 if you'd like to say hi.

That's it from not-so sunny Seattle. Thank you all again and stay in touch!

Leeanne

Sharkey-Images
10-30-2002, 04:32 AM
GREAT NEWS FROM DOUG & LEEANNE:

We're coming home! The doctors released Doug from the "Hutch" at 10 p.m. today; we leave for NJ tomorrow morning. Doug is in total remission! While he still has a long recuperation period ahead, he has already made tremendous progress in regaining his energy and strength. The doctors told us "he turned the corner quickly". Doug doesn't have to come back to Seattle until next September for his first anniversary check up.

Thanks to ALL of you for helping to make his treatment possible. We couldn't have done it without any of you. Doug and I will never forget the outpouring of concern and well wishes, the love, the caring or thoughtfulness that you sent our way. We especially thank you for your generosity whether it was time spent sending us email or funny stories, calling on the cell or donating to the Doug Lewis MM Foundation; for everything we are truly grateful and indebted to each of you.

Thank you from both of us.

Doug & Leeanne Lewis

BK
10-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Wow! Things are sounding great! Much better than the first post I saw about Doug. We're all praying his remission is here to stay.

Thanks for posting this Sharkey! :)

BK

Sharkey-Images
02-26-2004, 05:20 AM
I have updated the webpage I built for Doug.
Here is the link: Doug Lewis' Progress (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine/id42.html)

Unfortunately his cancer has come out of remission. Please keep him in your prayers.....:(

T2x
02-26-2004, 05:39 PM
I visited Doug the other evening...He and Ray Contreras were planning an effort in the upcoming Miami-New York race. Sick as he is, Doug was focused on the task at hand. He continues to amaze me.

His cancer has apparently returned...... but the levels of that return are still to be determined. His condition has been hampered by an earlier bout with bronchitis...and another unidentified infection. As of last night his temperature had returned to normal...for the first time in weeks. This caused some unpleasant reactions to the various medications tried and he is now returning to the point where he can concentrate on the primary problem.

This is a tricky time...but based on his verve, courage and stamina, we are all hopeful that he will pass over this "speed bump" as he calls it..... and return to wreak havoc on the rest of us as always that is if we survive the Miami -NY run....

Doug Lewis is a study in how to be a winner at life.

T2x