PDA

View Full Version : Bed liner a trailer

MALCOLM MCGEHEE
11-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm thinking of bedlining a trailer myself probably roll on. Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with this stuff. Any tips or brands would be helpful thanks.

oregondunes
11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Im doing the same, except Im taking mine to Turbo Liner here in the Portland area. Ive done other (car hauler) trailers in it before and it lasts almost forever. When it gets dirty (like mud) on it, its a lil hard to clean and make looking new again, but it's hella durable and a lot cheaper than stripping and painting.

MALCOLM MCGEHEE
11-04-2009, 02:56 PM
How much did they tell you it would be?

oregondunes
11-04-2009, 06:33 PM
$500 if I remove all the lights, bunks and tongue jack. So I plan to re-light the entire trailer when Im done in LED and install new bunks as well.

BeefKid
11-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I rhino lined the floor of my old jeep cherokee. bought a gal for $90 and had plenty left over after 3 coats of the stuff... i like it alot gonna do the bed of my truck next:thumbsup:

def not hard to do and its worth doin on you own... 500 bucks is alot of money.

MALCOLM MCGEHEE
11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I see that duplicolor has a sprayer you can buy and do it yourself. If you get a chip you can touch up with an spray can.

scfireman
11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I did the back step on my dads 16 ft box truck and the rear seat foot rest on my golf cart and the stuff is awesome. It doesnt fade and it doesnt come off if you prep right. Works very well for under a hundred bucks. I bought the application kit that comes with some fancy roller and it works great and produces a good non skid surface. :cheers:

ivan2214
11-13-2009, 12:00 AM
rhino liner best stuff

h2oskiier30
11-13-2009, 05:43 AM
IF you decide to do it and IF it's a nice rig...then bite the bullet and have it professionally done. My trailer was done (not professionally) when I bought the boat, and it looks like ass. And I don't mean Jessica Simpson ass...I mean like Rosie O'Donnell ass.

Jay Smith
11-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I've used that Herculiner on an older work truck with the roll on applicator and it worked out OK... Not a thick as the spray on stuff BUT a heck of allot less $$$..

Good luck,
Jay

stratos268v
11-15-2009, 08:10 PM
...... My trailer was done (not professionally) when I bought the boat, and it looks like ass. And I don't mean Jessica Simpson ass...I mean like Rosie O'Donnell ass.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/F2008/107.gif
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/F2008/107.gif

stonorunner
01-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Im a retailer of a product called als liners and I sprayed the inside of my cc with it. The claim to fame of this product is it can be sprayed in almost any color, and can be applied to any surface with the right prep. You just mix in automotive base coat with the other three parts. The boat came out good, I was hoping to get a brighter white but it came out slightly off white. One gallon is about $95 and the gun is $65. alsliner.com

HEAVYBULLET
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Im a retailer of a product called als liners and I sprayed the inside of my cc with it. The claim to fame of this product is it can be sprayed in almost any color, and can be applied to any surface with the right prep. You just mix in automotive base coat with the other three parts. The boat came out good, I was hoping to get a brighter white but it came out slightly off white. One gallon is about $95 and the gun is $65. alsliner.com

does it have a non skid in it? do you have to add sand or rubber particles ? thanks

Charger200
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Im regretting NOT doin it to my trailer this summer. The middle of october was my last journey to the mountains for boating at the cabin and putting the boat to bed. The roads were snow covered in alberta and parts of the mountains. The sand that was layed on the roads chewed up the paint real good and instant rust insued.

stonorunner
01-19-2010, 08:46 PM
does it have a non skid in it? do you have to add sand or rubber particles ? thanks
I did not use any sand or pellets but the company has it availible upon request. I don't think its necesary, the product if applied properly has the finish of a carolina skiff deck. I fall down sometimes but I can never blame it on slipage, its drunkage.

cocacola
03-16-2010, 03:31 PM
interesting idea....
I want to paint my trailer and never thought of this.

I have heard of people doing the inside of a boat in place of carpet.

williamsdetailing
03-17-2010, 08:58 AM
If your trailer is aluminum, make sure whatever you coat it with can flex. I know when I tow an empty aluminum trailer I can see it flexing as it bounces in the rear view mirrors.

cocacola
05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
last night...I painted the fenders and steps on each side with aerosol can bedliner....OUTSTANDING RESULTS. Far better than I imagined. It was sanded with 100 grit paper before hand. Probably could do a whole tandem trailer with 6 cans ($8 each at AutoZone). Thanks for the suggestion.

williamsdetailing
05-21-2010, 05:29 AM
I believe dupli-color makes a kit now that you roll on. I would at least compare the prices, because its more durable then the spray on cans.

cocacola
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Nice to not bust my rear climbing around a wet boat trailer. Might do the whole thing eventually.

VELOCITOY
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
FYI..Duplicolor makes what I consider a great spray on bedliner...I actually used it to on the hull (below the waterline) after I fixed some beaching skuff damage on my kid's ski boat...I didn't do the whole bottom...Just the keel section...I mimic-ed the look/coverage of a keel guard...I am totally impressed with the stuff...The boat spends ALL summer in the water and after 2 years of beaching & soaking I have had ZERO issues with it...I am thinking it would be PERFECT & a cheep way to go as a "grippy" boat floor covering instead of carpet or the expensive rubber flooring...As ALWAYS...Follow the directions and you will be pleased with the results...

dlivewyer
03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm going to do the inside of my boat and the trailer with Grizzly grip, Here. (http://www.grizzlygrip.com/colors.asp) They have a fine texture and a course. Wide range of colors and very reasonable on price.

resqu-u
03-31-2011, 06:50 AM
I just re painted the wiper cowl on my Nissan Titan with the Rustoleum bed liner. It turned out great! It has just enough texture to give it grip but not hold dirt/mud. I think it would look great on a trailer and the can goes a long way. I've used the herculiner in the past on a set of rock sliders. Prepped the right way the stuff sucked! It cracked and eventually had to be sanded off. Stay with the spray can what ever you use. My .02

southshore30
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
My friend owns a Line-X dealership and he has sprayed just about everything I can think of. It or most bedliners are very durable and adhere to most surfaces very well. When its possible to completly encapsulate something like a fuel tank its just about impossible for it to peel off. The advantage of the professionaly applied products is the adhesion quality partly because of the temperature the product is applied at (almost 200*) and being able to layer it for a thicker product in a short amount of time. I used a do it yourself spray applied bedliner to the inside of my Jeep CJ7 with the included Schutz gun for $100 and it looks professional and it is thick. http://www.tptools.com/p/2600,233_U-Pol-Raptor-Truck-Bed-Liner-Kit.html You can get the black or there is a nuetral kit that can be tinted to match. As you spray this stuff distancing the gun from the surface and playing with the airpressure you can make it pretty smooth or course for traction. Btw, I am in no way shape or form affiliated with this company. I heard about it on jeepforums.com and everybody raved about the finish product compared to a roll on product like the Herculiner