PDA

View Full Version : Finally a FRONTLINE AMP

AnthonySS
09-17-2002, 12:06 PM
After first getting an earful of clean Fender Tones over 25 years ago...

I just could not get those "sweets" out of my ears.

So we opted for a Fender Pro Reverb.

It has all the classic Fender Clean, Verb and Trem Channel...plus a very dirty gain channel that really impressed me. Ideal for the variety of music I play.

50 Watts,with 1/4 power switch for home, 1x12 Jenson, 4 button F/S, tilt back legs, cover, etc and ALL TUBE...just what I likes!!!

I had it a month now, did 2 large gigs already, and its a keeper!

Sam Baker
09-17-2002, 12:26 PM
I had a Fender amp, but I thought it was too noisy and the distortion was not as "modern" as I like. So, I sold it and bought the Randall RG120C that I have now. 120 watts stereo (60/side), 2X12, lush stereo chorus built in, 2 channel with the dirty channel having two voices (mid scoop - like Pantera, and standard).

My dream amp is the new Randall RM50 Preamp. You buy the preamp shell, then you can buy the actual modules separately. They're all wired exactly like the amps they replicate. Bruce Egnator designed it for Randall. A buddy of mine works there and it RIPS. Can't tell the difference between that and a Plexi, Mesa Boogie, Fender Blackface, or whatever you want to emulate. Very flexible.

Still running the seven string Schecter and Peavey through there. Just bought an Ibanez AE18 Acoustic/Electric. Also have a Johnson J-Station that I use to record direct into my laptop with Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro. Have a 5 string DeArmond Pilot 5 DLX neck-through bass as well. Oh, and have my very first guitar which I've turned into a frankenstein monster through the years. A Hondo Professional strat style guitar. It's factory painted like Van Halen's Charvel on the Van Halen II album (black with yellow stripes). I went through an Yngwie Malmsteen stage, so the neck is scalloped. I've put Carvin tuning pegs on it and a Carvin H22 Humbucker. The guitar has a neck like a baseball bat, but with the scalloped fretboard, you can get ULTRA vibrato. You can pull the strings right off the neck if you wanted!

Sam
http://img.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/48/480351.jpg

ShorePounder
09-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Nice amp Anthony. I'm envious!!

AnthonySS
09-18-2002, 09:24 AM
SAM...sounds cool on your amp too...this Fender Pro will really surprise you as far as the gain channel...it is Fender First and its dirty!!.

Pounder...No need to be envious...if we ever hook up...I would surely let you test drive 'er.

Check them out at your local Fender Dealer. I am real happy with this Amp as some of my peers have been recognizing my new tone...one guy said it almost made him cry. It certainly compliments my Strat and Satng sounds!!

ShorePounder
09-18-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the offer Anthony. If in fact we do hook up, I'll take you up on that. I know I know, Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's tubes :D

Scott Gilmore
09-18-2002, 08:21 PM
I like a little BREWSKI with my Strat :eek: !! Cool amp Anthony. Scott:D

Cp
09-18-2002, 08:47 PM
Now that you have that camera and can apparently use it, let's see a picture of that new Sickle.

Cp

Scott Gilmore
09-19-2002, 08:01 PM
HMMMMMMM, nice color !! :eek: Scott

Scott Gilmore
11-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Well you've got CLOSE to good taste in boats ........still looking for a new guitbox ?? :cool:

AnthonySS
11-11-2002, 08:42 AM
More NICE axes of yours...VERY Cool...

Do me a favour and put me out of my misery by posting pics of all your axes!! I would love to see more!!!

Looks like you have some highly sought after models...That Strat...looks sweet too...looks like MIUSA Fat strat...with some nice hardware to boot. Tell me more!!

YES always looking at guitars!!

Scream And Fly
11-11-2002, 10:38 AM
More guitar talk! I should start taking some pics again...

Greg : )

AnthonySS
11-11-2002, 10:41 AM
YES...

Your another guy that I would like to see pics of your axes and gear.

Its Guitar season for me now "Full Bore" now that boating season is done!!

LETS get a new guitar thread going!!!