PDA

View Full Version : ONE FOR THE MERC GUYS

Instigator
04-21-2001, 03:58 PM
Can't remember if I told you guys this one or not?? When I was struggling to get a boat ride a couple of weeks ago and nothing was working, one of the problems I ran into was with the merc on my Stream. I had just rec'd. a used lower unit I had bought and went to install it when I realized I did'nt have the water supply tube that runs from the pump to the bottom of the power head. Was already suicidal over everything else that had gone wrong and figured that was it for the (Sat. afternoon) weekend. Anyhow, after 97 Bud Lights I went down in the basement of my house and measuerded the plumbing water supply lines. Guess what??? 1/2" copper is the exact same O.D. as the I.D. of the pump outlet! To top it off I had tubing benders and planned to "custom fit" it. It was straight! $2.50 at the local hardware for a 8' stick and cut to length and I was done! Someone may know a reason this should'nt be done but it worked perfect for me. See Yah, Instigator

Balzy
04-21-2001, 05:55 PM
As far as I know it should be fine. The OEM tube looks just like a piece of copper tubing to me.

JTS Racing
04-21-2001, 09:29 PM
Thought ya was an OMC dude. Should'a known that you can buy more speciality items at yo local Home Depot and Hot Rod shop than any dealer.;) I've been using a lot of aircraft items. When ya desperate, be surprised what'a work. Good thing ya only had 97 Bud Lights. A few more and ya might have used the supply lines in yo basement:eek:.

Instigator
04-22-2001, 11:02 AM
I'm in a rental property, I did look for a sacraficial supply line!!!! Just could'nt figure out what to do with out---- the toilet or the dish washer??????? Best part of that deal was when the local merc dealer told me I'd never find that part locally! Gotta love those hardware stores!!
Instigator