PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Quick!

fastboat
09-04-2002, 10:08 AM
I was cleaning up my Eliminator getting it ready for a rally here on Sat. The inside floor of the center pod has delaminated and is coming up. Can I just reglass this piece back in place or do I need to put new glass and resin over the whole floor?

fastboat
09-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Another pic.

H2Onut
09-04-2002, 10:10 AM
grind back till you get to good solid dry glass, take more thean just the surface off, get into some of the laminate. Feather the edge, and go from there, rememer to gring away a area approx 2 to 3 times the size of the wound the add strength. Any cracks weat seepage is occuring ??

action17
09-04-2002, 10:26 AM
very good advice nut!!!:) that's the correct way to do it!!

fastboat
09-04-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks, Nut,

I just got in touch with Mike Agnew and am taking the boat up there in the morning. He said the same thing you did, and said it didn't sound like a big problem. I asked whether we could fix it and be good to go on Friday. He reminded me how hot he mixes resin:eek:. As long as his resin doesn't catch fire we should be alright.

This rally and the one down there were going to be like mini-vacations for my wife and me, and I don't need this chit right now. See you next month, even is I have to bring the bass boat.

fastboat
09-06-2002, 04:31 AM
Spent yesterday at Danny and Mike's shop. Mike has boat all fixed and ready to go. I one happy man :D .

H2Onut
09-06-2002, 11:35 PM
GREAT NEWS, GLAD TO HEAR THAT !