PDA

View Full Version : Proper rigging order of operations for Vector

H2Onut
09-03-2002, 05:51 PM
SO I amstarting with a clean slate, no holes no nutin..

Where do ya start ?

Drill holes for cables and fuel fill and guages and steering or start in bildge with bildge pump, then trim pump then battery then electrical

WHAT ORDER WORKS

WHAT DONT'

what will bite me in the ass if I am not careful,

SHOW me your dash

Show me under you splashwell

Give it ALL to me

vector mike
09-04-2002, 06:12 AM
I don't have my Vector done yet but I can show you pictures of my Viper when I get home if someone else hasn't already by then. The Viper and Vector have the same interior dimensions.

action17
09-04-2002, 06:35 AM
when we rigged my action we srarted at the dash and worked our way back!! steering and cables , drilled holes for gauges, rann wire for lights did all electical then did seats cleats and oh s#@t bar!!!

Instigator
09-27-2002, 08:27 AM
Get your seating figured out first and work from there.
Get it (if your moving it like I am) where your as low in the boat (lower C.of G.), and close to the center as possible but with good visibility.
Then set up steering and throttles where they are easy to reach and comfy.
Set up gauges next based on your wheel location on the dash and being able to see the important ones. Tach, water press, EGT's if your running one.
The rest is fluff :)
Remember to leave enough slack in seering cables/hoses etc. if you plan on playing with motor height and or set back. That will be quick to bite you, and be expensive.
When tying up cables, hoses etc, start with bread ties or something similar since you will re-do them 100 times before being satisfied :)
Gary