PDA

View Full Version : some more Sleekcraft resto pics

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Hey all, I got a few more pics of the progress on my resto. Seems like everytime I really get rolling something comes up and puts me on hold. Like today I went up to get the stringer all glassed up and I walk into the shop and there's about a 1/4" of water in the whole back of the shop (been raining like crazy here), needless to say I wasn't gonna go climbing in and out of the boat with wet shoes, pieces of glass and cups of resin. So now I can't do sh!t for at least another day or 2 'till it dries up.

Well so much for getting this thing out this season but at least I should have a nice ride for next. We'll see though maybe I will bear the cold in late Oct. or Nov. just to do some trial runs before I put it into paint.

Here's an aerial shot

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 02:50 PM
I drew up some elipses in Autocad and printed them out, then traced them onto the knees for lightening holes. Most everything is all glasses up besides the middle section, and ready for one last coat of resin over the entire thing and then a few coats of gel.

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 02:51 PM
stringer

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 02:52 PM
stringer in place (just glued at this point) ready to be glassed:(

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 02:53 PM
should really tie everything together

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 02:58 PM
I have another little section of stringer that will go in the middle of the knees with a board that goes across the top where I will mount the battery and whatever else. I left a space for the bilge in the back. There is also 2 more bilges in both tunnels. I've been glassing these little brass threaded inserts in to attach any kinds of accesories like the bilges.

Pete 88 Venus
09-02-2002, 03:05 PM
There are a bunch more pics of things between this group and the last that are stuck on my comp. at the shop. Little things like the replacement drains I made, and step by step how I glassed the knees in. Man, laminating all the nooks and crannies and wierd shapes sure is time consuming, especially for a novice doing this stuff after work.

I am getting pretty anxious to glass the deck back on and start laminating up the cowl, but I kinda have to do a lot of the inside work before I do. Pretty soon though. I will keep you all posted.

Pete

Before:

175checkmate
09-02-2002, 03:36 PM
Outstanding job pete. Man that looks good. Keep the pic's comming. Sure make the wheels for idia's on putting knees in the checkmate.