PDA

View Full Version : Southeast guys... IHBA Race in Augusta

LittleProps
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
If anyone on here is planning on going to the IHBA Race in Augusta July 17th weekend... we were asked to put on a RC Boat Demo...so if anyone is interested and coming, bring a boat and have some fun. We will have a tent and pleanty of table space setup.

y2kstang
07-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Got a chane to watch some of you guys run your RC's a few years ago. Some very cool stuff there and really awesome looking boats out there. I will be there but with the big boat. Look forward to seeing you guys out there.

LittleProps
07-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I wasnt down there for that one but heard the boats being run that time were some slow ones. We will have some 60+mph cats out there. Might bring my Hydro and see if we can bust off some more 80mph passes if the water is nice.

dorton
07-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Cool.I enjoyed watching them run at augustsa a while back. I think that pic in your sig line is one of a bunch I took, and emailed to a guy named Matt. I figured he would of sent me a link where he had posted, or hosted them, but never heard back. I even have a few more that I haven't sent out.

y2kstang
07-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Good thing about the Savanah is that most of the time the water is very calm, especially during the races as they close off that entire part of the river and the water moves just fast enough to wash out any chop without creating any. That will be awesome to see an 80 mph RC. That is crazy fast and if you factored in scale those speeds would be probably close to a world record in comparison. 1/8 scale would scale up to what about 600 mph?

LittleProps
07-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Cool.I enjoyed watching them run at augustsa a while back. I think that pic in your sig line is one of a bunch I took, and emailed to a guy named Matt. I figured he would of sent me a link where he had posted, or hosted them, but never heard back. I even have a few more that I haven't sent out.

oh thats you... THANKS DUDE! Matt sent me 2 different pics you grabbed of my cat. The site he posted them on was www.jrcbd.com (http://www.jrcbd.com) you have to be registered to view over there.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2yyqq1z.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/1195nqg.jpg

I wish the water wasnt so rough when we ran saturday. Only me and my buddy who lives down there stayed for sunday and the water was great so we were able to bring out the fast boats. Id love to see the rest of the pics you took.

LittleProps
07-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Good thing about the Savanah is that most of the time the water is very calm, especially during the races as they close off that entire part of the river and the water moves just fast enough to wash out any chop without creating any. That will be awesome to see an 80 mph RC. That is crazy fast and if you factored in scale those speeds would be probably close to a world record in comparison. 1/8 scale would scale up to what about 600 mph?

Cool..i have no idea what the water is like down there, but ill bring my hydro along incase. I live up in north GA, its roughly 4 hour hike down that way for me.

Not sure what scale speed would be. It sure does tear some stuff up real quick blowin em off at 80 though :eek: lol