PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobilers...Check this out!

PaulR
08-28-2002, 11:15 PM
I have a new toy to play with this winter!

It's a Sled Dyno! It rates horsepower at the track, kinda like horsepower at the prop vs. HP at the powerhead, but on a sled you loose almost half though the drive train.

Did you know that jetting for 80 to 90 degree weather is not the same as 0 to 30 degrees. HEHE!

I pulled the sled out of storage, hooked it up to the dyno as is.

First three runs: 26.8hp to45.2hp well that sucked!

I didn't feel like changing jets so I pulled the air box.

Next four runs: 78.6hp to 80.9hp Now thats more like it!

Well it's 10pm and the neighbors are heading for bed, oh what the hell one more run. I changed the cam from an after market unknown to a Goodwin 57/53.

Last run: 87.8hp! Wow, I had eight solid horspower sitting in my tool box last winter and didn't even know it.

I think I'm going to have fun with this thing!

PaulR
08-28-2002, 11:16 PM
another

PaulR
08-28-2002, 11:18 PM
one more

ProComp
08-29-2002, 11:49 AM
I figured the money from your quarter shot would be burning a hole in your pocket. When's the hooper kit going on?

It was nice meeting and talkin with ya at BTTW.

I think it is still to early to start praying for snow.

ProComp
ZR800

Spreadeagle
08-29-2002, 12:53 PM
sounds about right for a CAT - heheheheheheh

PaulR
08-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Hey ProComp there's always one in the crowd!

The Ski-Poo track I'm running is keeping the horsepower down!

machinist
08-29-2002, 11:29 PM
Q-shot thats a nice set up, So how do you like the tripple, do
you trail ride with that? Those goodwin progressive helixs are
the stuff, my 98 zr 600 efi was shifting out way to high, I put
a goodwin helix in and WOW what a differnce shifts out at
8300 rpm and a big gain in mid range.

Burke Kilgour
08-30-2002, 12:14 AM
MAN, I wish you lived next door to me.....HEH HEH :D
I'd love to play with one of those things !!!

Burke

Boaterbum
09-01-2002, 03:33 AM
I definately needs em one a dem!!!!!!!!Nice lookin' setup! What ya gettin gor a dyno run? might have to drag the Yamaha up there! hehehehehe
Machinist, Not much into Arctic Cats and all, better than a Pull-Your-Ass though, (hehehe), but I believe the ZR 800 is the twin, the ZRT is the triple... I only keep up on that cuz stock on stock, the Cats were the only one in the class that could spank me! DAMN CATS! Screw you guys with the ZRT's and T-Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...:D
Sweet setup ya have there though Q-Shot! When are ya getting L&S's Dynomite dyno for outboards? lol...

PaulR
09-01-2002, 09:46 AM
....that is a ZRT not a ZR, a lot of people think it's a ZR because of the green hood. If you look close you'll also notice I longtracked it(136") with a 1.25" lug track and it's also studded. I bought a seat and tank from a 02' mountain cat, because I love those clear tanks. The handle bars are from a 99' SnoPro, they have built in hooks with warmers all the way down unlike when you ad hooks. If you look even closer you'll notice an AvengerIII EGT, very handy when you add pipes or larger cylinders, but i wouldn't do anything like that......not me?????

Machinist, the ZRT is my main trail rider and I love it. I have no problem keeping up with my friends with twins in the twisty trails, but when ya go boondocking ya don't want to get stuck, it is a heavy mother. But I have cure for that, I just bought a 01' full mod SnoPro snowcrosser that I'n going to longtrack to 144" 2" lug. This sled has a 711 Black Magic EFI kit and it weights about 435lbs. Pic's coming soon!

Paul

NPK2003
09-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Paul. Was your Quarter Shot color scheme ordered to match the Artic Cat sleds. Dah, Just dawned on me.:rolleyes:

Boaterbum
09-02-2002, 02:33 PM
Sorry Bud, I got it mixed up with the other guy in the list, said he has the ZR 800...... sorry, well, NO racing for us either! YOU"LL spank me! screw you! hehehehe'
Anyway, tried to fire mine up today, seems I drained and cleaned all the water from her dipping this past winter( I was eagerly awaiting the summer swims, and decided to take one in the 10 degree whether!) But, I forgot to lube the ;'rip cord' assembly, must have rusted up! damn, I wanted to hear her too! Have to take that apart now!:mad:
Q-Shot, where does that dyno hookup? can it be run with studded tracks? I assume so, just never seen oone hooked onto the sled....
Later,\
~Tony~

machinist
09-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Yhea I get people asking me if I changed my hood on my 98zr,
I got the special addition so its in the black hood sceem all black
seat also. I asked about the trial riding because a couple of the
guys I ride with had ZRT 600s And got rid of them and got twins,
they where having trouble keeping up in the tight trails. And
always whineing about how that big sled made there arms sore
at the end of the day.:rolleyes: