PDA

View Full Version : We Bottoned Out, Turned The Cornner, Then Why??

INXS
06-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Is obama now saying that unemployment will jump to at least 10% by this Dec.??

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=acS92O5awdhM

Looks like another six months of progress and millions of jobs created!

sho305
06-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Instead of losing 600,000 jobs a month we are only losing 345,000 a month. That is progress! Well until they revise the numbers anyway, or more automaker suppliers go bankrupt. So I guess when you get close to half the bad news as you had, that means things are getting better in the DC land of dreams. We've nearly cut unemployment claims in half...is what they say in DC.

Unfortunately 300,000 jobs lost a month can still make the unenjoyment rates climb, but just ignore that because everything is all good! That is only 0.1% of the population so who cares, though only 59% of the people are in the workforce to start with so just about double that percent.

Steve 1
06-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I have been in these debates before: we cross checked the cardboard box guy business Down, Trucking Down and the Railroads have rolling stock parked all over the country.

Then a nitwit came in with his claim we were booming by container export numbers OK !!! I ran it and Scrap metal and raw material no finished goods.

I will say this if I were a boat molder sitting there with a line of say 24 40 foot boats sport and CC I would be very nervous about the future.

sho305
06-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I talked to a guy that runs fuel here, he says the distribution place is only using about half the tankers and he is running half the fuel to gas stations he was over a year ago.

This was so funny I had to post it. Watching CNBC a few minutes ago and Kudlow has a panel on the Fed and the bubble and what they should have done. They are discussing new legislation for the Fed and new regulation, how the banks actually regulate themselves. So one guy says the Fed and regulators missed it and never even took step one and talked about it, they should all be fired. He says if the school bus driver gets drunk and all the kids die then you fire him (:D colorful and apt parody IMO). They question how the people who caused or allowed this mess are able to 'save themselves' here, how can they fix what they caused.

Then they cut in and say the President is making a statement at his meeting with the Fed and regulators. All he says is to the effect he is happy to meet with these great people and thanks them for their service....I about fell out of the chair. Again, if anyone wants to know what is wrong with this country there it is....I'll CYA if you CMA, that is rule #1.

If I were a boat builder I'd be getting an offshore account not in my name, lol. Another guy said we will have a flat weak economy for 3-5yr and I agree providing nothing changes for the better and doubt it will. His reason was lack of purchasing power by the consumer. I have no doubt with debt load, fuel costs, and all the new added taxes that will certainly be the case. Only the rich will buy, if the market does not die again.

Add to that lack of work, I see no source of new employment yet just more jobs going to China. Here on the news while auto suppliers/etc are closing up they made a big deal about an insurance company that is planing a big office expansion. I thought great, we dump $20-30/hr skilled jobs and get back a few insurance jobs? What do people make in a corporate insurance office? I bet it is not much.

Retail sucks, that shows just what is going on. I say look at auto sales look at how long they have been down now even into summer. For people to hold off this long is a telling sign and now interest rates are going up.

sho305
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I think part of the problem is not fixing anything. Here is Geitner at the senate hearings talking about this oversight panel he wants, and a congressman says well if the panel can only recommend and not change things then why would it be effective. Geitner answers with how it would reduce accountability of all parties involved (fed, regulators, etc) and we need that, but they would make their findings public and require meetings. I laughed so hard, imagine using the word 'accountability'! The only shred of it I have ever seen is the firing of the wealthy CEOs of Fannie and Freddy and likely that was only because they are in receivership.

There is no accountability in this whole mess and no powerless oversight committee of pals you have needing an easy job is going to change that Tim. What a joke, no wonder nobody bothers watching. Then CNBC and the congressman there didn't even seem to pick up on that, though Kudlow was cranking about how it is the FEDs fault in part and this plan would increase FED powers so what good would that do but possibly only make it worse. It is the blind leading the blind, I'm so embarrassed for my country that is obviously run by a pack of idiots that bought their degrees on the internet for $10. You need real people to do real jobs, they might as well get an illegal immigrant to run the FED it would save us some payroll.

mr_velocity
06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm so embarrassed for my country that is obviously run by a pack of idiots that bought their degrees on the internet for $10. You need real people to do real jobs, they might as well get an illegal immigrant to run the FED it would save us some payroll.

They're not the idiots, we are for putting them into office.......and putting them BACK into office. They're smart, milking the rest of us for every penny.

Hydrophobic guy
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
They're not the idiots, we are for putting them into office.......and putting them BACK into office. They're smart, milking the rest of us for every penny.

Who's "we" because it certainly isn't me and I doubt severely it was you. ;)

Unfortunately, you don't have to take a test, be a property owner and tax payer and NOT be on any kind of government assistance to vote. Otherwise things would be far different.

sho305
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Who's "we" because it certainly isn't me and I doubt severely it was you. ;)

Unfortunately, you don't have to take a test, be a property owner and tax payer and NOT be on any kind of government assistance to vote. Otherwise things would be far different.

Sure makes you wonder, a lot of people said once they can get their hands on the treasury that will be the end of it....I guess that needs a severe update to 'once they can max out the government world line of credit...' indeed they will. The Obama administration still tries to sell how the deficit was there from Bush, and while he did what he did congress still writes and votes in ALL policy. All those people that complained about the cost of Iraq, stopping Iraq, deficits....they all disappeared somehow.:confused: Wonder how that happened. Or wait, was/is that just the media agenda at work....

Steve 1
06-18-2009, 12:39 PM
The system needs changed, Rat voter fraud is rampant with Fags, Crooks/thieves and just plain Old Fashioned Idiots making up the democrat party from top to bottom. Hey you run for office knowledge of American History should be a requirement for these people and they should be tested publicly Via Oral exam none of them know anything of our history.

sho305
06-18-2009, 01:47 PM
The system needs changed, Rat voter fraud is rampant with Fags, Crooks/thieves and just plain Old Fashioned Idiots making up the democrat party from top to bottom. Hey you run for office knowledge of American History should be a requirement for these people and they should be tested publicly Via Oral exam none of them know anything of our history.Or world history, except the select parts they need to point out in order to generate more votes.

Steve 1
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Or world history, except the select parts they need to point out in order to generate more votes.

Agreed.:thumbsup: