PDA

View Full Version : Mirage set up?

WaterBoy
06-21-2001, 11:06 PM
I have a 94 Mirage Ski Racer with a 2.5 Offshore (carb.). I was wondering how much set back is needed? Mostly is just me in the boat. I weight around 140. Also, what engine height is good for this boat? The boat approx. weights around 600lbs. I currently run a 26p. yami copy. Any info. would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks, Waterboy

MirageMark
06-22-2001, 04:25 PM
Well, I'm running a River Racer with a 260, so setup might be slightly different, but here is what I've done. As far as engine height, mine is 1 inch above the bottom of the pad and that seems to work really well. This is also the case for alot of other Mirage owners I have talked to. So try 1 inch, that should get you in the ballpark. I've got a 6 inch setback/jackplate plus the setback you get with an shortshaft offshore motor. Total setback is around 8 inches. On my boat, it's plenty. The boat runs very good with little or no poitive trim. I have talked to guys that have as much at 10 inches though. I'd venture to say that if you've got at least 6 inches you'll be fine. Motor height is crucial and the boat should run fairly flat and clean with little trim at speed..Good Luck and let me know what you come up with.

Mark Screen

P.S. There are alot of guys on this board with many years of experience in Mirages. Keep asking questions and you'll get some really good info.

WaterBoy
06-24-2001, 01:20 AM
Anyone else with some info on the Mirageskiracer?

captcarb
07-11-2001, 06:30 AM
I have a 95 Skiracer with 2.5 EFI Offshore and 28p ChopperII. It has 8 in of setback (in the jackplate) and is running at 1 in. above. I am happy with the handling.
CC