PDA

View Full Version : New GM Chairman, "I Know Nothing About Cars"

INXS
06-11-2009, 12:23 AM
I hear he stated that when he was introduced at a GM pressconference!

Nothing like knocking consumer confidence in you already troubled reputation!

Raceman
06-11-2009, 07:08 AM
If this is Deese, the guy Obama appointed, he doesn't know ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. He's basically a Yale law school student who has never had a job, and has NO education in business or finance, and JUST LIKE OBAMA, no experience whatsoever in his new job:mad:. How in the hell this guy was a sensible choice to make life threatening decisions at GM is maybe THE GREATEST MYSTERY of all the other Obama screw ups.

So we've got a new president that knows NOTHING about finance, business, or foreign relations (and apparently can't read and apply the lessons in history books) and a new GM guru who knows NOTHING about cars................ figures. We're in BIG TROUBLE in this country.:mad::mad:

Lockjaw
06-11-2009, 08:22 AM
If this is Deese, the guy Obama appointed, he doesn't know ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. He's basically a Yale law school student who has never had a job, and has NO education in business or finance, and JUST LIKE OBAMA, no experience whatsoever in his new job:mad:. How in the hell this guy was a sensible choice to make life threatening decisions at GM is maybe THE GREATEST MYSTERY of all the other Obama screw ups.

So we've got a new president that knows NOTHING about finance, business, or foreign relations (and apparently can't read and apply the lessons in history books) and a new GM guru who knows NOTHING about cars................ figures. We're in BIG TROUBLE in this country.:mad::mad:

Well you got a whole bunch of people who know nothing about finance or business that voted for the sucker too. :thumbsup:

Steve 1
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Zippy has produced no records no transcripts no published papers and no COLB He used Affirmative Action like that moron wife of his Which in my research was his reason for Occidental to Columbia that is the classic AA Path !! He is a fraud and NOT my president the whole thing is a sham we are without Lawful Leadership !! I need some of these Democrat Voters too come in and explain a few things.:mad:

INXS
06-11-2009, 08:55 PM
" How in the hell this guy was a sensible choice to make life threatening decisions at GM is maybe THE GREATEST MYSTERY of all the other Obama screw ups."

Fox reported today something in the order of nearly all of barry's Czar boys all gave huge donations to him, the DNC, and Dem Pac groups! BTW, you see we are now up to 18 Czars!

INXS
06-11-2009, 08:59 PM
"Well you got a whole bunch of people who know nothing about finance or business that voted for the sucker too."

We all tried to warn, educate, these Sheepeople and got responses like "Mc Cain not knowing how to use a computer scares me":eek::eek:

Pretty much hopeless!!

Steve 1
06-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Personally; these Zippy "Czars" are Illegal and they can kiss Azz.

Sam Baker
06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
No, it's Ed Whitacre who was the Chairman at Southwestern Bell who took it from a Baby Bell to swalling AT&T. The Chairman of the Board doesn't necessarily need to be a car guy - the CEO should be more of a car guy as they run the day to day operation. Everything I've read is that he's a good choice for this so let's give him a chance. The last Chairman was a car guy - how'd he do?

david martin
06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
No, it's Ed Whitacre who was the Chairman at Southwestern Bell who took it from a Baby Bell to swalling AT&T. The Chairman of the Board doesn't necessarily need to be a car guy - the CEO should be more of a car guy as they run the day to day operation. Everything I've read is that he's a good choice for this so let's give him a chance. The last Chairman was a car guy - how'd he do?
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: One hundred percent!!!
David
If the man can run this company back to making money again then give him a shot at it.:thumbsup:

Steve 1
06-11-2009, 09:37 PM
The problem Ole Ed here is a Zippy pick; Second the Rats put GM down with their criminal strangulation of our rightful access to the resources of this country, they all belong in Gitmo!:mad:

david martin
06-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Steve 1, You are one smart man, I have no idea where you get your info but it is very impressive to me.:thumbsup: I like reading your post.;) I am not into politics, just trying to keep my head above water in the construction buisness.:smiletest: Take care
David

INXS
06-11-2009, 10:01 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: One hundred percent!!!
David
If the man can run this company back to making money again then give him a shot at it.:thumbsup:

The JERK started off doing the worse thing he could do, he screwed his own company by saying what amounted to a PR blunder "I Know Nothing About Cars"!:eek::eek:

Now GM has suffered enough with having a bad image and this idoit makes a statement like that, has must be lacking in the common sense department!
You think he would not the brains to go out there and do a tap-dance and a BS speech about how great the new GM will be!

Lockjaw
06-11-2009, 10:08 PM

He didn't do that good, but I don't know how good this guy can do if Obama can fire him too. THat means he's a puppet to me.

I think it has more to do with execution. I mean we can all probably agree the new Vette is a world beating car, but every mag says the seats suck. Well, crap, spend the 2k extra and finish the job. That should be a no brainer. I mean if I paid 120K for the top vette, whatever they call it, that sucker better have some dang good seats in it. There is no excuse for that.

Sell it to the supplier, we got a world beater car here, you come up with the exclusive seats the car mags rav about. Thats your marketing if you are the seat maker. We make the seats for the vette everyone raves about.

INXS
06-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I wonder if they ever fixed the head gasket problem, I heard that they knew for yrs that their bolting set-up of the heads caused they head gaskets to fail after about 80K miles on one of their 6 cly. models. Seems that it always happened after the warrenty was up and was great for their dealers in repairs deptment$$$$!:D

Hydrophobic guy
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Know nothings don't want know somethings around them that just makes them look bad. ;)