PDA

View Full Version : A personal thanks to Obama. Thanks for more read tape, you dolt!

Forkin' Crazy
06-04-2009, 11:49 AM
So I make my yearly trek to the local government agency to register my crops (I have to give them acreage, planting dates, etc). Well I was there for over 3 hours and have to go back this afternoon! It used to take about 30 minutes. :mad: One gov worker complained that since this new administration, paper work has increased at least 3 fold! :mad: As if it was not a pain in the ass enough! They were even talking that the new administration was thinking about a mandatory daily log. WTF???? :(

horsepower
06-04-2009, 12:13 PM
So I make my yearly trek to the local government agency to register my crops (I have to give them acreage, planting dates, etc). Well I was there for over 3 hours and have to go back this afternoon! It used to take about 30 minutes. :mad: One gov worker complained that since this new administration, paper work has increased at least 3 fold! :mad: As if it was not a pain in the ass enough! They were even talking that the new administration was thinking about a mandatory daily log. WTF???? :(On crops? :confused: :eek:

Forkin' Crazy
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
On crops? :confused: :eek:

Yes. Every farmer has to do it. It is part of the USDA's way of keeping us under control. ;)

More and bigger government.

rock
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
What is the reason for registering your crops? Does this have something to do with the futures market? I don't know squat about farming so maybe it is a dumb question.
Rock

Forkin' Crazy
06-04-2009, 12:37 PM
What is the reason for registering your crops? Does this have something to do with the futures market? I don't know squat about farming so maybe it is a dumb question.
Rock

Not a dumb question. :) Part is for the USDA's estimated acreage and crop reports. Sometimes that does affect the futures market, but it has been so crazy in the past two years, that it has had little effect that I have seen.

Acreage, what crop, what date planted, irrigated or non, turn roads, etc. Also land in fallow, orchards, etc.

Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture, Democrat appointed by the Obama administration, is a profesional politician slime ball that as govenor of Iowa In July 2005, Vilsack signed an executive order allowing all felons who had served their sentences to vote again. Iowa law previously held that convicted felons are permanently disenfranchized unless voting rights were restored personally by the governor; Vilsack did away with this process.

He also vetoed a bill to restrict eminent domain, which was over turned.

Typical slime ball Demorat!