PDA

View Full Version : GM wasn't the only one, Genmar too

blkmtrfan
06-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Genmar also filed for Bankruptcy yesterday:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/46664287.html?elr=KArks8c7PaP3E77K_3c::D3aDhUxWoW_oD:EaDUiacyKU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

And I just bought a Wellcraft on Friday, DOOH :eek: :o :D

Steve 1
06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Man I hate to see this happen to the Sport we all love, I can place the blame on a half Dozen democrats that are directly responsible for this starting with Pelosi.

Forkin' Crazy
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
This is not good. :(

j_martin
06-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Did anybody notice that the ever shifting, ever more demanding bank requirements are what forced Genmar to fil?e.

Floating loans to boat buyers is part of the business. Dry up that line of credit and you kill the business.

Conspiracy anyone?

I'm about to go postal.

Mark Poole ModVP
06-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Irwin Jacobs is not one that I will feel sorry for. He spent millions building closed mold tooling and then tried to get the government and epa to make this building method standard, stating that it was eco-friendly. If he would have convinced them, all of us open molders would be out of business.

Steve 1
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Irwin Jacobs is not one that I will feel sorry for. He spent millions building closed mold tooling and then tried to get the government and epa to make this building method standard, stating that it was eco-friendly. If he would have convinced them, all of us open molders would be out of business.

Well that is going to put Brunswick in a pinch also.