PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment 20% higher in DemocRat strongholds

Steve 1
05-24-2009, 08:20 AM
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=98951

===================================================

69checkmate
05-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Steve do you ever post anything boat related?

Steve 1
05-24-2009, 09:58 AM

I Do not know anything about boats!

Steve 1
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Dude because of your question I did some research in here and came up with these options to the Lounge area for Boat related discussion.

General Discussion
Tech Talk
Fiberglass Discussion
Jet Boats and V-Drives
Racing History
Rigging and Setups
Racer's Hangout
Buy and Sell Forums
Events and Races
Other Motorsports

dorton
05-24-2009, 10:49 AM

:iagree:
Last night I was curious and checked the answer to that question. I went throught 11 pages of his threads, and not a single one was boat related. So then I checked his replies. After a couple hundred or so, I did see a boat related thread:eek: . All this time I though he was really Michael Savage :confused:

Steve 1
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Forgive the confusion I thought I read this forum AS the Lounge!! There is a thread in here by some nitwit Heathen also.

That said, I assumed it would be OK to post politics, which in case you have not noticed or were in a coma are of critical importance today with the Marxist’s in complete control of two branches of government.

Please look past my little boat thread if you are offended I will delete it!

==================================================

Forkin' Crazy
05-24-2009, 01:35 PM
All this time I though he was really Michael Savage :confused:

LMAO!!! :D :D :D :D Michael does have a boat from what I hear. Think it is a blow boat though. Sorry Steve, that was funny. :)

Hydrophobic guy
05-25-2009, 09:16 AM

He's had a few like,
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172285&highlight=pyro
and,
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177594&highlight=apache

I Do not know anything about boats!

Liar, liar, pants on fire. :D

pyro
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Yep, the only two boat-related threads Steve posted are to spam the board with his Cheetah Crap. He only talks about boats when he's posting a mega-d1ck-petting thread about his failed boat company that's been kept down by the man, by rats, by blacks, etc. Yes, it's everybody else's fault. Call the Waaaaaaahmbulance.

States and regions where SH** GETS DONE, the hubs of our nation's manufacturing base,
are the areas with the highest job losses.

Steve 1
05-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Yep, the only two boat-related threads Steve posted are to spam the board with his Cheetah Crap. He only talks about boats when he's posting a mega-d1ck-petting thread about his failed boat company that's been kept down by the man, by rats, by blacks, etc. Yes, it's everybody else's fault. Call the Waaaaaaahmbulance.

States and regions where SH** GETS DONE, the hubs of our nation's manufacturing base,

Whoa sounds like the Forum nobody is Jealous!!:p

MIJI
05-25-2009, 11:17 AM

Geez, Pyro. Such a bad mood. Did your Daddy cut your pay down to minimum wage? Less? "The forum hangout. Discuss anything here - hobbies, interests - what's on your mind?" Note that it doesn't say anything like, "One post here per two posts elsewhere." My boat is sorted out and running fine. I still read other sections but don't post elsewhere presently. I'm also not an authority and avoid technical comments because they'd be as stupid as your political obversations. Did Mr. Obama make you the Seargent of Arms here?

Whether Steve ever builds another boat, he's done more than you'll ever imagine. Or did you help Al Gore invent the internet?

Forkin' Crazy
05-25-2009, 12:10 PM

So what is your claim to fame? Your Stream? HA!!!! What have you built or done besides beat dents out of blow horns and resell guitars jacking money off the poor?

I guess you know how to use snopes and say/believe really stupid things.... Like southerners are dumb. Dolt!

---------------------------------------------

I bet they are NOT counting the Democrat's true strong hold of voters to the list of unemployed!!! SSI and welfare recipients, etc. They keep buying them off with welfare and keeping them "in thier place".

Oh yea, Democrats are honorable people... :rolleyes: :mad:

Hydrophobic guy
05-25-2009, 10:46 PM

"spam the board with his Cheetah Crap"

Funny this crap is coming from you, you actually seemed to enjoy those threads. In regards to boat building and design Steve has more talent in one finger than you have in your whole body aside from polishing your stream your clueless. BTW, pyro your handle is funny in itself have fun being an amateur pyro because I'm professional pyro another thing you'll never be. ;)

Your an idiot. :nonod:

pyro
05-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Phobe, take your insults elsewhere. I don't have a personal grudge with any of you.

I'm not the only one who finds it annoying. It's almost as bad as pop-up advertising. It's not the man or the subject matter that bothers most people here nearly as much as the way it's presented. It took me a while to understand this for myself, but obviously it will take Steve a lot longer. Forkin, can I get you two a towel?

pyro
05-26-2009, 05:45 AM
I can always tell when my point gets across. It's gets ignored, and suddenly there's playground-quality insults flying, and they're not even laughable. I expect no less from children. You don't make a lot of money! You don't have any claims to fame! You're not as good of a pyro as me! wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaaah...

If I'm wrong, get back to the topic and show me.

Forkin' Crazy
05-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Phobe, take your insults elsewhere. I don't have a personal grudge with any of you.

Forkin, can I get you two a towel?

If you have a shamwow, I'll take one. :rolleyes:

You forgot to give MIJI a greeting too. :rolleyes:

Forkin' Crazy
05-26-2009, 07:35 AM
I can always tell when my point gets across. It's gets ignored, and suddenly there's playground-quality insults flying, and they're not even laughable. I expect no less from children. You don't make a lot of money! You don't have any claims to fame! You're not as good of a pyro as me! wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaaah...

If I'm wrong, get back to the topic and show me.

So they are all hubs of our manufacturing base? And NOT Democrat strong holds?

I guess you also believe there is no correlation between the most corrupt states/municipalities and them being majorly Democrat either?

Yea, you’re right. I’m just a dumb southerner.

pyro
05-26-2009, 08:10 AM
I don't doubt for a second that the rat strongholds are usually poor black neighborhoods full of crime and corruption. I was trying to say that those areas are also where all the jobs used to be before things crashed.

Hydrophobic guy
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
So they are all hubs of our manufacturing base? And NOT Democrat strong holds?

I guess you also believe there is no correlation between the most corrupt states/municipalities and them being majorly Democrat either?

Yea, you’re right. I’m just a dumb southerner.

And don't forget the higher crime stats in those areas you dumb, redneck, hillbilly, toofless, banjo playin, moon shine swillin,
cousin screwin, mud truck drivin, overalls wearin, tobacka chewin, gun totin, mullet topped, southerner. ;) :D

Forkin' Crazy
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
And don't forget the higher crime stats in those areas you dumb, redneck, hillbilly, toofless, banjo playin, moon shine swillin,
cousin screwin, mud truck drivin, overalls wearin, tobacka chewin, gun totin, mullet topped, southerner. ;) :D

LMAO! ;) Ya gotto add and edit a bit though: "gun wielding and Bible totin'!" Ya know, tha clingin' to my guns and religion thing! :)

horsepower
05-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Thats too funny! :D Just fell outta my chair.

Hydrophobic guy
05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
LMAO! ;) Ya gotto add and edit a bit though: "gun wielding and Bible totin'!" Ya know, tha clingin' to my guns and religion thing! :)

My bad I only put gun totin. :o :D

Forkin' Crazy
05-26-2009, 01:42 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/dfalchek/deliverance.jpg

pyro
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
My point is further proven without any effort... :rolleyes:

MIJI
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
You forgot to give MIJI a greeting too. :rolleyes:

I'm so pissed, I forgot the topic.

Wait, the reason Democrat strongholds are in trouble is because the people that live there are shiftless and believe the Democrat promises to get "the man" off them. Democrats make it worse but their constituents are like the citizens of nK that are constantly told how good they have it and the outside world is responsible for everything bad. They need to have the Democrats to save them...we had to destroy the village to save it - kinda like when a religious zealot kills their child to protect them from the devil but on a massive scale.

If they - nK and Democrat voters - only knew the truth. Supporting these people allowed THEM to wreck their world - not some strawman outside enemy they never seem to defeat. One day, people may wake up and compare Detroit to Dallas and tar/feather the officeholders with empty heads. Maybe.

Hydrophobic guy
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/dfalchek/deliverance.jpg

I see you've had some dental work done Paul. :thumbsup:

Yah Chad your awesome I can't wait for your next brilliant retort. :rolleyes:

MIJI
05-26-2009, 03:12 PM

Seriously, dude, most of your posts don't appear to have taken any effort...or thought for that matter.

sho305
05-26-2009, 03:31 PM

are the areas with the highest job losses.I took the weekend off, though I worked more this weekend than last week:rolleyes: Man I wanted to go down to Hardy but could not get away.

Anyway, I thought it was so ironic that union workers everyone now hates....actually achieved the liberal dream of forever free health care! Yes, yet it is not sustainable and will fail, nobody else has a chance of ever getting it, yet the media has no comment on this? And where did they do it???? Oh yeah, right in (now dying) Detroit that everyone also hates. Does not make a lot of sense with all those 60% approval people out there.

That is right, all those jobs will go to China and they already have free health care....or do they....

INXS
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Geez, Pyro. Such a bad mood. Did your Daddy cut your pay down to minimum wage? Less? "The forum hangout. Discuss anything here - hobbies, interests - what's on your mind?" Note that it doesn't say anything like, "One post here per two posts elsewhere." My boat is sorted out and running fine. I still read other sections but don't post elsewhere presently. I'm also not an authority and avoid technical comments because they'd be as stupid as your political obversations. Did Mr. Obama make you the Seargent of Arms here?

Whether Steve ever builds another boat, he's done more than you'll ever imagine. Or did you help Al Gore invent the internet?

Why do I keep getting flashbacks to that "I Play A Little Drums" thread, post (?), I did a while back whenever I see one of Chads posts, you know the one with the Ape playing the drums!:nonod::iagree::iagree::D

INXS
05-26-2009, 03:40 PM
"If I'm wrong, get back to the topic and show me."

OK Chad, why is it you never or seem to bash obama or the dems??
Seems that living in your state you would have lots of reasons to bash the way things are? Seems to me that the Rich are having it great under obama just as they did under clinton while the middleclass and poor are taking a big hit, Working Poor that is!

sho305
05-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Us people in MI are $^%&ed no matter what, and our democrat governor everyone loved is helping us along the road to death. Fact is manufacturing is what you can make money on, and has been exiting since 2000 at an alarming rate. In reality the economy has not changed since, it is just worse today.

pyro
05-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I bash everybody. I just can't stand a one-sided rant that doesn't show the big picture.

Obama is making things WORSE. Follow the money trail, see what got the country's richest to where they are today, and it will tell the story of how we got here. Entrepreneurs who built their fortune from middle-manning Chinese imports are the "new self-made millionaires" of our generation, and the union workers who just want to work and make a living are "Rats." Our country's hardest-working people can't even get a lousy job to put food on the table, yet meanwhile Wall Street has been bitching about weak markets.

Much of the economic strength and growth which helped to build peoples' retirement portfolios was based on the growth of our domestic technology and manufacturing, based in big cities (which are considered Dem strongholds.) :)

Am I still not making sense?

INXS
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
OK Chad but I think you need to define the "Union" worker!

"and the union workers who just want to work and make a living are "Rats.""

Most of the unions were started off as something that helped make America great, I don't think that anyone sees them that way now???
West coast dock workers start at about 130K a yr, teachers in my state make about 80K for working eight months and retire after 25 yrs at half pay and full benefits, catch my drift???

jphii
05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Our country's hardest-working people can't even get a lousy job to put food on the table....

Please validate this statement. I bust my ass working, and I eat pretty good:rolleyes:

Am I still not making sense?

No, you're not this time....

CDave
05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Watch Glenn Beck!!!!

John S
05-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Please validate this statement. I bust my ass working, and I eat pretty good:rolleyes:

P***y dont count for eatin.:D Sorry, just had to put that in, Im sure it will get deleted.

John S
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
OK Chad but I think you need to define the "Union" worker!

"and the union workers who just want to work and make a living are "Rats.""

Most of the unions were started off as something that helped make America great, I don't think that anyone sees them that way now???
West coast dock workers start at about 130K a yr, teachers in my state make about 80K for working eight months and retire after 25 yrs at half pay and full benefits, catch my drift???

Yet another version of the $100k a year janitor.:rolleyes: Please link me to these payscales. If a dockworker makes 130k a year, its because they basically worked 60-80hours a week all year, so whats wrong with them making some good cash? And if teachers are making $80k in NJ, my wifes a teacher, so buddy, we gonna be neighbors soon. Ill buy the first round, you buy the rest.:D I have my own problems with unions, mostly with some of the protections they provide the bad workers. But being in one, I feel they do much more good than harm. Ive worked all over the country (mostly midwest) and have yet to see a non union worker equally paid or trained. Dont you want to see skilled people paid as much as possible? Why is it bad that people other than you make a good living? We need to stop fighting eachother, and look at the real problems like illegal immigrants coming in and taking jobs, while not paying taxes, their employers, and the people that support taking our industry overseas to countries that treat their working class like dirt and say it makes them more competitive. Rush says you shouldnt be ashamed to live a good life, so why do you followers have such hatred for those that do?

INXS
05-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Yet another version of the $100k a year janitor.:rolleyes: Please link me to these payscales. If a dockworker makes 130k a year, its because they basically worked 60-80hours a week all year, so whats wrong with them making some good cash? And if teachers are making $80k in NJ, my wifes a teacher, so buddy, we gonna be neighbors soon. Ill buy the first round, you buy the rest.:D I have my own problems with unions, mostly with some of the protections they provide the bad workers. But being in one, I feel they do much more good than harm. Ive worked all over the country (mostly midwest) and have yet to see a non union worker equally paid or trained. Dont you want to see skilled people paid as much as possible? Why is it bad that people other than you make a good living? We need to stop fighting eachother, and look at the real problems like illegal immigrants coming in and taking jobs, while not paying taxes, their employers, and the people that support taking our industry overseas to countries that treat their working class like dirt and say it makes them more competitive. Rush says you shouldnt be ashamed to live a good life, so why do you followers have such hatred for those that do?

First I live in NJ, home of the 130K school buss drivers! W/O dragging up all the links try a google on NJ101.5FM, they point this stuff out every day, it's true. And as far as Rush, he also points out that the NEA and other unions soak the public with their raking the tax payers!
One public sector job that should get those high salaries and perks are cops, the rest do not mert it. Take any major private sector job and you will not come near the wages of these union jobs!
Why do you think LIBERAL Californians voted to lay off all those state workers???
BTW, I know many union workers here in NJ that would love to have one of those high paying state, still in a union, jobs! Also I know some fellow workers, union, that went and got state jobs! You know what, they do nothing AND MAKE GREAT $$$!

INXS
05-26-2009, 11:18 PM

No, you're not this time....

No it doesn't make sense but I think I know what he means, not everyone has a good that provides the oppertunity (Sp) to get those big pay checks. For me I'm lucky that I work with a group of people that turn down most of their OT which gives me about 500 hrs of OT a yr. This makes a huge difference as anything over 18 hrs goes as doubletime. Nearly all of the 200 some folks I that work at my location can't come near this level and i know they bust their butts way more then me. It's like being in the right place at the right time though I did have to get two state license's and pass four state tests. Crazzy thing is hundreds of folks I know could have done what I did but said it was too much of a hassel to do so!

pyro
05-27-2009, 01:58 AM
...I have my own problems with unions, mostly with some of the protections they provide the bad workers. But being in one, I feel they do much more good than harm. Ive worked all over the country (mostly midwest) and have yet to see a non union worker equally paid or trained. Dont you want to see skilled people paid as much as possible? Why is it bad that people other than you make a good living? We need to stop fighting each other, and look at the real problems like illegal immigrants coming in and taking jobs, while not paying taxes, their employers, and the people that support taking our industry overseas to countries that treat their working class like dirt and say it makes them more competitive...

Ding, ding, ding, we have another winner. :)

mr_velocity
05-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Ding, ding, ding, we have another winner. :)

The union debate will never end. When you set the value of your work through "collective bargaining" arm twisting, threats of walkouts instead of the true market value of your work naturally things have moved offshore and will continue to move offshore. Take a close look at what's happening in this country, union wage jobs are either moving offshore or breaking the rest of us by supporting these high compensation government union jobs. The end is not pretty and its coming through higher unemployment, higher debt and higher taxes. The money has to come from somewhere, for govt workers they just raise our taxes, a case in which you have no choice. On products, people want and buy lower cost products which will not support these artificially high wages so companies either go out of business or move operation offshore. Maybe if the govt wasn't such a whore and they eliminated corporate taxes these companies could afford to keep more jobs here in the US.

Chad as a business owner...well your family, what would happen to your store if all the employees now cost double? Would you be able to stay in business? Would you have to cut some of the staff? Would you close the doors? Why aren't you paying higher wages, full medical benefits and a pension to all your employees?

Please do not take an hourly wage and insist that it is the only form of compensation. When you add in benefits and retirement the costs are much much higher. Public employees are averaging $13.38 an hour just in benefits.

Steve 1
05-27-2009, 09:48 AM
http://www.thedailynews.cc/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubsectionID=2&ArticleID=27598&TM=36615.62

Which raises the 29% Question !!!!!!!!! Who or What in the hell thinks the place is on the right track????

===================================================

pyro
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
The unions are a HUGE source of trouble.
They have good intentions, but it has become a mess over the years.
Michigan IS on the wrong track. don't even get me started.

Pool $$$ resources anywhere and watch corruption and greed running rampant. Government, churches, unions, corporations, PAC's, environmental groups, etc.
They're all evil.

I still don't understand the point the title of this thread, it doesn't really tell anything new.
Union workers are typically democrats.
Big cities in the midwest were the hubs of our nation's economic output, until recently.
Now people in those areas are unemployed.
"Unemployment is 20% higher in Democrat strongholds."
Wow, that's logic.
"Things get wet when it rains."
There's another brilliant revelation.
I'm SO smart.

Liqui-Fly
05-27-2009, 10:46 AM

JohnS it is very simple....growth is very important for success. Unions drive growth by getting 4 people to do the job of one. They do this by getting everyone on board. They protect the bad ones because they are model UNION employees. That is the root of the problem....period.

John S
05-27-2009, 06:17 PM
JohnS it is very simple....growth is very important for success. Unions drive growth by getting 4 people to do the job of one. They do this by getting everyone on board. They protect the bad ones because they are model UNION employees. That is the root of the problem....period.

I cant argue your experiences, because I dont know them, but in my experiences over the years, Ive seen very little of your example. Mine comes from construction, and doing jobs in manufacturing and industrial complexes. I guess one of us is the exception to the rule.

Mr. Velocity, I still dont understand why its so bad to make a good wage. It would seem that by your example, were all going to be to expensive to be employed? Yes, benefits are very expensive for the employer, but is that the fault of the worker? I dont think so. Thats bloated government and the gouging from the medical industry It just seems to me that everyone thinks that everyone else makes too much money. What is the difference in a group that bargains to a contract, and a CFO bargaining a contract? Both are contracts that a company has to weigh the benefits, and agree to. I guess this could go on forever, but I just hate to see how the working class just keeps getting devalued more every year. Hopefully, someday we can afford ourselves again.

sho305
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I like how gas is up 82% now that the banks used that bailout money to buy up all the oil in the US market. Obama ought to mind the store he is in, certainly is making it worse. Today they did say GM retirees are going to take a major hit in health care...you just wait until this all hits the health care industry. We are losing all the unions gained us and it is not from stupid unions. What this country is doing is not sustainable and is turning into a mess that will affect everyone, starting with 2.60+ gas today and I don't have the latest unemployment rates.

You guys have not seen MI lately, dude, it is bad here I don't know how else to say it. You can laugh it off but it is on its way to your city.

I do think the unions screwed up bad, but remember if they agreed to $10/hr today they would still move the plants to Mexico or China and that is fact...in fact if they did that would give them money to move the plants faster. Things are so far out of whack here how much they make does not matter.

mr_velocity
05-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Mr. Velocity, I still dont understand why its so bad to make a good wage. It would seem that by your example, were all going to be to expensive to be employed? Yes, benefits are very expensive for the employer, but is that the fault of the worker? I dont think so. Thats bloated government and the gouging from the medical industry It just seems to me that everyone thinks that everyone else makes too much money. What is the difference in a group that bargains to a contract, and a CFO bargaining a contract? Both are contracts that a company has to weigh the benefits, and agree to. I guess this could go on forever, but I just hate to see how the working class just keeps getting devalued more every year. Hopefully, someday we can afford ourselves again.

I want everyone to make a great wage but when that wage is not set by market conditions then its not sustainable. How many more industries do we need to push out of this country before people will learn from history. I am very much for free markets and don't want protectionism which doesn't work. The government, yes they do nothing but make things worse, completely agree with you on that one.

John S
05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I want everyone to make a great wage but when that wage is not set by market conditions then its not sustainable. How many more industries do we need to push out of this country before people will learn from history. I am very much for free markets and don't want protectionism which doesn't work. The government, yes they do nothing but make things worse, completely agree with you on that one.

If Im understanding you right, labor would be on somewhat of a commission basis? If so, I entirely agree. I would love to have a lower wage, and the opportunity to have profit sharing...My guess is that the business side of industry would be as against that as the labor side. Im not sure of your experiences in labor type relations, but from my experience it would be hard to put labors wages on a demand scale, due to who would decide that amount (percentage of profit?). It would be an unending negotiation as the market rises and falls....? My .02

mr_velocity
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM
If Im understanding you right, labor would be on somewhat of a commission basis? If so, I entirely agree. I would love to have a lower wage, and the opportunity to have profit sharing...My guess is that the business side of industry would be as against that as the labor side. Im not sure of your experiences in labor type relations, but from my experience it would be hard to put labors wages on a demand scale, due to who would decide that amount (percentage of profit?). It would be an unending negotiation as the market rises and falls....? My .02

Not quite what I'm saying. If a company does not pay the market wage for a particular skill then people will leave that company and go work at a company that will pay the wage. People that are dead wood will be unable to find and keep a job. I deal with this everyday, more so at my last company when I was dealing with almost 100 people that worked for me. If I failed to keep a person's pay in line with their market value the person was as risk for leaving. We did market analysis twice a year, my attrition over 4 years was 0. For those within my org that continually improved their skills got bigger raises and bonuses then those that did not. Basically, your job is what you make of it so make the most of it. Market wages work very well in many industries including auto manufactures, the foreign companies have been very successful.

I am also for profit sharing, that's what stock options and bonuses are for. A person's bonus needs to be set on company financials as well as goals that should be set for both the org and the individual person. Typically the target should be 10% - 15%, if you miss the goals then you reduce the bonus.

I doubt you will find a single business that is against pay for performance. I'm sure you'll find every labor union against pay for performance.