PDA

View Full Version : Good Bottom paint remover in Orlando

shag
05-19-2009, 06:21 PM
I just had my bottom paint removed on a Mastercraft Barefoot 200 (19' hull). I found a guy (Leo) new to Orlando, his company is Blast All. 407-219-2695. I am going to upload a few before and after pics. The paint was multiple layers, and he got most all of it off, so I will only have to wetsand a few areas and then probably 3M microfinishing compound, and wax it all. It only took about three hours, and I used my engine hoist to lift the bow (set it on a large block with a small V in it, then moved the hoist around to the side and lifted each side, one at a time. He used walnut shells and there is only a couple small areas that might have hurt the gel coat, which I think I probably would have done more damage scraping the bottom with the paint remover. Best of all, it only cost me $300. much less than I have heard. He also can use baking soda, but recommended walnut shells for mine. I think he charges $120-130/hr, including media and labor.:cheers:

Diamonds
08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Shag, You sure got one heck of a deal there! 300.00 is the cheapest that i have ever heard of.And from personal experiences i can say you did the right thing(getting someone else to do it).If i could have gotten a price that good i would never have tackled mine. That was the nastiest job and won't ever do it again.

delawarerick
08-26-2009, 07:50 AM
That sounds very reasonable. Great job.:thumbsup: Rick

Bruster
08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Good to hear that worked out for you! :cheers:

I just had my bottom paint removed on a Mastercraft Barefoot 200 (19' hull). I found a guy (Leo) new to Orlando, his company is Blast All. 407-219-2695. I am going to upload a few before and after pics. The paint was multiple layers, and he got most all of it off, so I will only have to wetsand a few areas and then probably 3M microfinishing compound, and wax it all. It only took about three hours, and I used my engine hoist to lift the bow (set it on a large block with a small V in it, then moved the hoist around to the side and lifted each side, one at a time. He used walnut shells and there is only a couple small areas that might have hurt the gel coat, which I think I probably would have done more damage scraping the bottom with the paint remover. Best of all, it only cost me $300. much less than I have heard. He also can use baking soda, but recommended walnut shells for mine. I think he charges $120-130/hr, including media and labor.:cheers:

201STRATOSFEAR
11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Looks good man!! I rented a BlastCo rig here in Dallas for 250.00 and paid 400.00
for all the soda media. It took me 12 hours to do my 201 Stratos and trailer

JeffA
11-22-2009, 06:22 AM
:thumbsup:

RLC PE
11-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Go to the Dollar store and buy oven cleaner. Works great