PDA

View Full Version : Huge loss For The Tax & Spenders!

INXS
05-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Yes, I just say the report on ABC news about the apparent landslide loss in todays California elections in which voters are said to be turning down billions in taxes which will force huge cutbacks in the states workforce! Seems ABC was giving the excuse that voters had no idea that there was going to be a special election and arnold is said to be leaving Ca. this morning to go to Washington, no doubt to ask for $$$!
This is a real blow to the liberal tax & spenders and it comes from a state which they would never dream of it happening in!
Maybe things can change for the better????
I'm sure many will take notice of this huge shift, to wanting lower taxes, from a liberal state!

Steve 1
05-19-2009, 07:54 AM
It is simple Cut down on all the BS programs they have out there.

Liqui-Fly
05-19-2009, 08:02 AM
When you said huge loss I thought you were talking about:

Galisano leaving NY
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/672153.html?imw=Y

Meanwhile Governor Patterson was going through flip charts talking about the calories in a cheesburger.

Keep voting in "do-nothings" America. Atleast they don't come from evil corporations or private businesses right?:rolleyes:

INXS
05-19-2009, 08:36 AM
17K a day in state taxes, can't blame him!

Forkin' Crazy
05-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Send all the illegals home from So Cal and they might stand a chance!!!

Hydrophobic guy
05-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Send all the illegals home from So Cal and they might stand a chance!!!

Send um all home from every state and we ALL might stand a chance. ;)

sho305
05-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Can't find any news on the net about it yet, but most say only the pay freeze would pass. I think they should index these social programs to revenue, then it would just stop when the money did. If the government didn't manage it properly you would have to wait for the next year to start. Then again, I think the entire government except military and core needs should do that. Most people would not miss them, and the ruckus caused by it would teach politicians to manage things much better. Might also teach them to prepare for rainy days instead of borrowing.

Get rid of illegals? Better to pay $5/hr and have 4.95 sent out of the country plus high government care costs...than to pay $8/hr for an American to work who needs little in other costs and spends the money at here at home.