PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Hydrostream Valero YT, 1998 Pro Max 225

at100plus
04-21-2001, 12:26 AM
1998 Hydrostream Valero YT - White with multi blue dark blue carpet, gray seats/multi blue stripes, black guages, alloy red bezels and alloy red passenger suicide handle. Mach tilt wheel chrome with alloy red trim, 3 cordless switches on the wheel for trim and jack, hot foot, Sea Star hydraulic steering, Bob's 10 inch setback hydraulic transom jack (I love this unit, it works great),

1998 Mercury Pro Max 225 - stock except drilled exhaust and tuner, Sportmaster gearcase with Ally mod, OMC SRX 14 1/4 X 29 running 94.5 (on Garmin GPS III) at 6700 RPM.

Eagle Custom Trailer, Dark blue with American Racing wheels and good year whitle lettered tires.

Jeff "Yammer"
04-21-2001, 09:13 AM
Mike ,
I was very impressed with your boat when I saw it
Last year at Chandos L. I wish I would have been
able to go for a blast. That weekend my soon to be
father in-law had just picked up his newly aquiered
90 YT Valero 150xr4. We have only got 70-71 out of
it. He is repowering this spring. What do you run
the p/shaft height at for max speed??

Anyway nice rig ,hope to see you again some time.

Jeff

at100plus
04-21-2001, 09:46 AM
I don't remember the yamaha powered VKing at Chandos, but I think I saw a video of in on one of the websites?? If that is it, she seems like a screamer.

I usually run the center of the bullet about 1" to 1 1/4" inches above the lowest center point of the hull depending on load (lower if I have weight in the boat). With the Bob's jack, I can jack it up till the water pressure goes down a bit, then tap it down and I am at max height at wot.

Glenn
04-22-2001, 04:34 PM
That tow rig of yours was no slouch either Mike! Remeber the Mustang towing the Vision? How many times did you pass me? On the water and the road! Glenn

at100plus
04-22-2001, 09:29 PM
Oh yea I forgot to add my tow vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram SLT 1500 5.9 liter 350 CID V8 Quad Cab color Maroon.

I love that truck, it does everything, just wish the payments would end one of these days so it would be a little bit easier to move on to my next boat, a 21' Skater. Right now I am accepting offers for my boat. I figure if I can get the right price for it, I will part with it early and add it to my savings for the skater. If you know anyone interested, pass it on.
I'm not advertising because I don't really want to get rid of it yet, but if someone is passionate about my rig I won't turn down a good offer.

How's the Vision? Have you Canadians started boating yet? I am planning my maiden voyage for this Saturday. Going to work on the boat a bit tomorrow. Hope all is well.

Mike