PDA

View Full Version : HydroStream ideas....... what you think?

HydroStream6
06-19-2001, 10:34 PM
Well I have my Mini VooDoo hull sitting here, and the deck should be out of the mold in about 3 weeks. I can get the deck made lighter or stronger or basically however I want. I am still thinking about how to have John do it...

Power for this baby is going to be a Johnson 55 with Bob's nose cone with low water pickups. The 55 also has powertrim and Boyesen reeds. I also have a 6" setback if I need it and I have a CMC hydraulic jack on my tunnel if I REALLY need one for the new Stream (doubt I'll need any setback at all though). What are your thoughts on this. The only high perf prop that I have for the 55 is a OMC 11.25x21 SST. I can easily tst props though. Any estimates on a top speed?

I'd like to go for dual cable steering for this rig but I don't know if a kit is avaiable for this small of an engine. Any ideas? I also plan to outfit the entire rig with powdercoated billet aluminum hardware from EddieMarine. Does anyone know of some other places that have hardware like they do?

Also, I plan to install a foot throttle, shifter, trim on wheel, etc. Does anyone see any problems with any of this?

Any advice or anything I should know about this rig would be very helpful. It probably won't hit the water till August.

And if the 55 isn't enough, I could always swap it for the 70.... heh

Rickracer
06-20-2001, 07:03 PM
And what I don't have used I can get you new for killer prices. In fact, I can get you just about anything you might want, all at prices that are hard to beat. Good luck with that thing, it should be a blast.