PDA

View Full Version : Polyester resin supplier

ssmith007
08-13-2002, 09:10 AM
I was wondering if any of you have a good source for polyester resin. The local supplier is charging me $35.00 a gallon. I'm not sure what kind of resin it is. It uses MEK-P for a catalyst. I am using the resin with glass cloth for stringer and floor glassing with fiberglass mat and roving. A friend thinks I'm paying almost double what I should for the resin. Is there a quality difference between this type of resin or am I paying too much for this general glassing resin? Thanks in advance. Smitty

baddjonny
08-13-2002, 09:27 AM
I used westmarine boatyard resin 18 a gal but make sure you know which type it is bonding ,dries stickie no sanding between coats or finishing dries hard glossie sand between coats you can also go to home depot 21 a gal for fiberglass evercoat finishing.

I just did a floor and stringers on my checkmate 3-1/2 gals

jon b

H2Onut
08-13-2002, 09:37 AM
www.fgci.com

ssmith007
08-13-2002, 12:57 PM
BADDJONNY & NUT - thanks for the info. the stuff I have now dries hard and shines. Definately need to sand in between coats. The stuff at home depot, is that what I'm using? fgci charges a haz matt fee and shipping from Fla. to Ohio that's kind of expensive although their tech help is great and i'm sure they have a great product. Thanks Again guys. Smitty

ryan_L6
08-15-2002, 12:03 AM
check out www.netcomposites.com they have anything and everything related to aerospace, marine , and other composites industries. you may not find what you need but it is pretty cool anyway.