PDA

View Full Version : idea on boat flooring

Georgia Boy
08-12-2002, 10:05 PM
ok, I am gearing up this winter to finish my boat and get it like I want, and I am trying to get it planned out, and get the materials before the summer has ended. I have been thinking on what to put in the boat as far as carpet was concerned and I had an idea i thought i would run by some of you. Instead of Carpet, has anyone thought of having an aftermarket truck bedliner sprayed in the boat? They can spray the stuff in any color you want and it is a nonslip surface, plus the thing i like is that it is water proof, so it would not let the water get into the core of the boat not to mention that stuff like transom braces you would not have to spend so much time wrapping completely in fiberglass just to keep water from getting in them. It would be easy as hell to hose out and clean, plus you would not have to paint those areas where you would not put carpet. I found a place that would spray it in my boat for $250 and to buy a good grade of carpet and install would cost me that i think. They give it a 3 year warranty in the back of a truck and the guy told me that in a boat, the company he works for would not give a guarantee over 3 years, but he thought it would last forever. anyway just give me your Ideas and what you think would be the pro's or cons of this. Thanks in advance guys for checking this thread.

pyro
08-13-2002, 06:23 AM
Do a search for "bedliner", it's been discussed before. Lotsa good reading material.

JamesE
08-13-2002, 06:33 AM
I just replaced the carpet in my Bullet with non-skid and I am real happy with the way it came out. I used gelcoat to match the boat and applied it with a roller. The gelcoat had a little cabosil added to it to thicken it up. When you roll it, it leaves a nice nonskid finish. I am getting ready to do my rear decklids tomorrow. You can get whatever gelcoat color you want and it won't cost $250 if you can do it yourself.

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 12:06 PM
If they could make it smoother than what they put in the of a truck. If you have ever tried to screw in the back of one you'd know what I mean.

Georgia Boy
08-13-2002, 02:29 PM
I hear ya man, been there and done that, lol The stuff I have been looking at is not to bad, but it does have a good bit of texture, the main thing is i want it on there thick, so it will hold and be water tight. Plus i like the texture on the boat floor because if it gets wet you still have grip and won't bust your a$$