PDA

View Full Version : i got something to say so here goes.......

Talon2.5
08-12-2002, 02:13 PM
seems my work hours have changed my life around which in turn put me on scream and fly more often, and some of my boating buds just dont seem to care what my new "job life" has done to me, so instead of being my friend and understanding things are different the just give me ****

i no longer have the 7-4 job to where i was always available to do stuff

i used to go boating every suday come hell or high water because i needed the release from the irritation from the work week

now i have a new job with crazy hours but dont have the "job irritation" i had before, BUT am more tired from the crazy hours i have to keep, so boating on the weekend isnt a "have to" thing anymore, i'm friggen tired come friday morning and still have a day and a night of work to go, but hell no it's not that!! it's scream and fly!!

i'm being told i like my scream and fly friends more than my friends in town

the fact of the matter is i cant keep up the pace of doing everything i used to do, and do this job too

since i took this job 2 years ago if i had a nickle for everytime i have had to explain that i'm tired and my hours are ****ed up i could have retired this week!!

no i dont go boating as often

no i dont feel like boating every weekend

no things wont change by giving me ****

no i dont like scream and fly people any different than my local friends

no i dont have to have this website just to fire up the talon on a body of water of my choice (supposedly i wont go without scream and fly people present)

no i dont have the time i used to

no i dont think it's a bad thing to come in to work monday morning ready to go and fresh (instead of strung out and hungover)

no i dont have any love loss for my friends (unless the **** keeps flowing)

no i'm not gonna stop having some boating fun on scream and fly

yes i will fade away if i keep getting ****

yes, this website can make our boating events more fun

yes, this website is important to me

yes wendy is sick of me getting hastled

yes things will get better in the future with my hours

yes i will focus on my job to get it to payoff in the long run

yes i still care whats going on in my friends lives even if i'm outa the loop these days

yes i still enjoy getting together

yes i'm a tired sonova bitch and will be untill the hours on the job change

yes i would like to fully focus on a new home for me and my wife

yes i would like to be closer to my friends here in town

yes i'm sick and f'in tired of repeating myself!!

so there ya have it

yes i think i'm done, skip

Rickracer
08-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Maybe they'll get the point?????

action17
08-12-2002, 02:43 PM
does this mean we can't be freinds anymore?:confused:

Talon2.5
08-12-2002, 03:07 PM
hehehehe can i play wif bobby?? pwease???

NO and stay off that damn web site you redheaded step child sonova bitch!! go to your room!! you cant come out till your ****ed up job calls for you to come back to work!! you should quit!!

ya mean i haffa stop workin in the aiw cwonditionin? **** THAT IDEA!!

ShorePounder
08-12-2002, 03:49 PM
:rolleyes: :cool:

Laker
08-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Skip My friend!
I would like to think your friends here are more important!
AND, We sure do know how to have FUN!!!!!!
Rumble3!!

175checkmate
08-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Don't hold it in, let it all out. You can dooooooo it.
When things get down and out. remember we are still " above ground"

H2Onut
08-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Whenever ya need me.

Scream And Fly
08-13-2002, 12:55 AM
You're a part of our family - a very important part. If you ever need anything, let me know!

Greg:)

typhoon
08-13-2002, 06:26 AM
Mate, I have been in the position you're in..I used to drive tow trucks, and one of my shifts was to be on call all weekend, from 5pm Friday to 10pm Sunday night. My friends used to hassle me too, but when you work sometimes a whole weekend and get a couple hours sleep, you just want to do nothing for a day or so to relax.
You're real friends will still be there for you..the ones who aren't, well, who needs them?
I have maybe 3 real friends, had them since school, they are the ones who I value, not the people who run when things don't suit them!
Some people don't understand what hard work is either...and I have worked with people who come to work wasted..I find it offensive, and I hated doing their work for them!
Just be true to yourself and the people you care about, and life ends up sweet.

Regards, Andrew.

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 06:44 AM
hey greg,

you upped the post count to change guru status past 3000 didnt you!! hehehe i thought you were joking you little rat :D

thanks for the replies folks!! it didnt need any but thanks!!

i just wanted it in writing 'cause i'm sick of repeating it

i didnt think my hours changing so drastic was gonna cause me **** with my friends but i guess they didnt really like me that much?? i put all the effort and help into our friendship and this is what it comes down to?? i get a better job, life changes, i do end up missing out due to it, i'll never have a friday night with them again, i cant plan saturday morning runs or trips with them, my social life loses out to being owned by the newspapers, and i get **** cause i HAVE to get some sort of boating action in here on S&F, i offer help, driven miles to help, always was willing to help, and get **** from folks i was always there to help when my schedual was different

theres no way to get off the couple days of split shift i have and the paper will always go out no matter what so i'm in for life and thats all there is to it

if they wanna give up on me for that, then so be it, it's outa my control as far as my hours go and thats what changed everything, not this web site, granted i spend alot more time here now than i did on the old boards as talont18, but thats a direct reflection of my hours not being 7-4 anymore in a 104 degree shop that we could use to work on OUR boats anytime we wanted, it was a dead end job and i knew it, but it was all i had, and i was so mad at myself for being out of my original career, that i needed the boats to blow steam costantly!!

life is a bit different now and instead of pushing me away with bull****, we could be facing the facts and working around it but i guess thats not good enough

in the end i'll know who my friends are that care about skip himself and not his friggen boat floating when everyone elses does

i had a blast for 5 plus years!!

dont even think i dont miss that!! but i'm an 11th grade GED drop out with a mission in my working carreer to rectify that mistake the best i can for my home life

i had 9 years in at this newspaper before and screwed up a good carreer by quiting in '91 and ive got the chance back when they called and aked if i would come back to work for them!! i will not fail anymore!!

now you know stuff i didnt want anyone to because i'm ashamed of what ive done with my educational failures and job stupidity, but god damn it i have to do this for me!!

i'm the only one that can somewhat fix what ive done to myself

i'm still thier friend even though they dont think so these days

a little understanding will stop all the bull**** and things will be as normal as my hours and physical tiredness will alow, bottom line

BK
08-13-2002, 08:51 AM
GO SKIP!!!! :D

You know in your heart you are heading in the right direction. Actually, after their envy fades you may actually inspire your friends to make some changes for a better life for themselves to! You'll be a role model!

Stick with what you feel in your heart. Refuse to let the guilt trips bring you down.

Sounds to me that you've set a direction for you and Wendy and your future, and nuthin's going to stop you.....so GO FOR IT! Reach for the stars!!!

"Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best." - David O. McKay

More power to ya, Skip!

BK

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 09:16 AM
hey BK!!

it was really a pleasure to meet ya in kentucky!! thanks!!

i put that quote in my signature ;) :D

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 09:29 AM
no i dont think it's a bad thing to come in to work monday morning ready to go and fresh (instead of strung out and hungover)

I likes a pot of coffee to fix that one. But I'm sure nobody is trying to get to you, just some friendly ribbing, right?

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 09:55 AM
when i said it was important to me to come into work fresh and it wasnt in my eyes, profesional for me to come in strung out and hung over i was told...........were losing ya skip!!

kathy
08-13-2002, 10:08 AM
You're a great guy....you have a big heart....you have a great attitude.... YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO. I know you don't probably want to hear nothing from me right now.... but you are hearing it anyway!

I wish you and Wendy the best........ everything will work out in the end........ Go after what you want and YOU will get it. Stay focused and follow your heart!

As for friends..... if they are your true friends they will all be there in the end ....... it's about respect and if they respect you they will support you.

Good Luck with your new house.

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 10:14 AM
I understand.

We once had this guy (this guy's pic could be in dictionary by redneck) we hired on the job site on friday and on monday when he showed you smell him though his skin.
Well we decided to put him on rebar tieing (is was 90 by 9:00 that day). He made it to 9:30 before running for the portalet to paint it up. From then on, his name was Puke. I don't think anybody even knew his real name.

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 10:23 AM
hey kathy!!
thanks and dont worry about the rumble band problems thats in the past ;) i still cant believe we actually pulled that off hehehehe

sorry dog,

thats what i intend to avoid on mondays, it's just not professional if i plan to get ahead in my job i have now

my old job i could do that because my boss was as bad as me but that too has changed, and for the better i think :D

kathy
08-13-2002, 10:27 AM
I said nothing about the band!!!!!!!!!! ;) I expected the "Screamtoon" to have some sort of picture of a cars headlights with a deer looking at it!!!!!!!!! lol

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 11:08 AM
hhhmmmm

kathy
08-13-2002, 11:19 AM
I can draw........... lol! Not quite as good as you but....... you they'd get the picture. lol

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 11:29 AM
well ya know ............holding my hands up like the old time movie producers in a square box fashion............i can see an image for a toon forming :D

kathy
08-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Believe me!!! lmao:D

Honey call me your phones are messed up again!!! I got something for you to do there! lol

ShorePounder
08-13-2002, 11:49 AM
Wow, this certainly got alot more feedback than I thought it would. That's pretty cool. Serves as a testament to what you've been saying all along.

kathy
08-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Good or Bad?

Talon2.5
08-13-2002, 04:23 PM
yea pounder ive said alot of stuff over and over lately and i aint gonna do it no mo' i is done speakin me mind and let the cow chips land where they may, for future reference if'n ya aint clear on ma feelins yins can check back cheer ta get a view that way dare ya done fergit it, knoe what i mean :D

ShorePounder
08-13-2002, 06:13 PM
I know zackly watchoo mean :D :D

fastboat
08-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Skip,

I could go on about this, but I will simply say that it sounds like you needed a new group of friends with a higher maturity level, anyway. Take care of you and your family and everything else will take care of itself. It has for me for over 30 years. You will also feel good about yourself and what you are doing. See you in September.;)

Techno
08-14-2002, 08:09 PM
You just have to educate em. Call them up on your hours, not theirs. Go out on the water on wednesday morning to them but friday night to you. Start talking as if your hours and days if they change are the norm.
We have shifted shift workers at work and thats what they do. Tell me its friday when its thursday, it totaly screws me up sometimes.

halveb
08-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Skip,

You know what is best and I'm sure aren't the least bit confused. If the people you hang/hung out with don't get it then just go. There is always Wendy, the cats, the Scream-N-Fly family and your guitars. :D

I was just at a seminar up here in Madison and met the finance director for Osceola County (he lives just outside Kissimmee) what a small world it really is. :)

Talon2.5
08-17-2002, 02:57 AM
yea, i figure i gotta stop trying to be everywhere all the time i'm feeling too damn old to keep up the pace :eek: gotta focus on the house issue and career issue and hope the other stuff falls into place, if it dont i'll get a harley and a new life of exitement that i can handle whenever i have the energy hahahaha and the harley will fit in the garage hahahaha:D

i saw quite a few sweet harleys at the rumble :D

RL had one there that was sweeeeeet!!