PDA

View Full Version : Special show on illegal streetracing on MTV at 10:00 PM est

LaserModVee
08-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Judging by the previews it looks to be focusing on the rice bombs with the stupid wings and fart pipes. The Loud and the Curious or the Slow and Obnoxious is what my buddies at Jeg's call them. Build a V8 powered American car to go fast, or of course a turbo-charged V6 Buick.

hydrostreamvulture1
08-09-2002, 09:25 AM
that show wuz...had "high power" vtec 4 cylinder nitrous engines with wings and body kits....y do people run these type of cars 4 anyway??u dont even getta nice exhaust sound outta these things...i wish sumone had a turbo 6 GN which with the "same modifications" (*if needed*) would blow the wing right off that ****ty import!!!:rolleyes:

woodco
08-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Fart Pipes LMAO !!!!!!!! Yeh and the dumb SOB's hang em off
a stock exhaust with no extra support ... They jus sit there and
swing in the breeze .... Dahhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

I guess theats yur brain on drugs !!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

pyro
08-09-2002, 09:19 PM
RICERS. HE HE FART CANS HEHE

patchesII
08-10-2002, 11:31 AM
every since fast and the furious this is what the media directs their attention to. the most aggravating thing about that were the cops(san diego i think) and their "car inspection". i'm sorry but i don't care to much for cops. i used to do a pretty good bit of street racing a few years ago until i got caught doing it. 95 percent of the time cops look at cars they don't know what the hell there looking at and they proof it with dumb-ass statements. one night some cops blocked my brother and some friends in and made everybody raise their hoods and crank there cars.the first guy had a 93 cobra with full length headers and the cop told him they were illegal, well del happen to have the brochure for them in his car and showed the cop they were 50 state legal. so on to my brothers car, a 92 notchback mustang. when kevin cranked it and the cop listened to it he told him the exh. was modified and he didn't want to see it anymore. kevin proceeded to tell him the truth, the car was 100% bone stock. that he might take this up with ford. the next car was another notchback mustang. when the cop saw the blue bottle in it he went on this rant asking the driver if he knew that bottle could blow up any minute(dip****???) and wanted to know if he had a license to carry a hazardous material. just so happened robbie is a truck driver and he produced his drivers license with a haz mat endorsement. cop left pissed that he didn't write any tickets. sorry guys but cops are some of the biggest dildos i have ever seen. sorry for being long winded

LaserModVee
08-12-2002, 03:28 PM
The show wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

There are a couple of key points that need to be brought up that I learned from this show.

-These guys work on their cars, I respect that. Unfortunately, they are still slow.

-One guy had a right hand drive Integra that had individual throttle bodies and headers, which seemed to be a big deal to all of the drooling Slow and Curious wanna be's when he popped the hood. He said it produced around 300 hp....hmmmm
It lasted three passes and got beat too! Wowee 300 hp, whew. Let's see, that puts it in the bone stock Cadillac range?

-His girlfriend was equally stupid

-At the end it said he quit streetracing to pursue road racing, by the video it looks like he sucks at that too.

In all honesty, the part with the parents losing their kid to streetracing was a tough one. I hate to see that stuff. I quit streetracing, (my 65 Nova wagon, not a Honda), once I got a commercial drivers license. It will be revoked if caught street racing.

It's only $8 to race or watch at my local track on Wednesdays, so why bother risking it? I like the track because it proves how slow most Jap traps really are.

patchesII
08-12-2002, 05:56 PM
did you notice what kind of car that was that the parents lost their son in, sure looked like porsche wheels to me (911). and you are dead on everywhere else. i'll never street race again because i know what a drag racing ticket can do to your insurance. my brother and a bunch of his friends still street race just about every weekend. some pretty tough cars to. some are down in the low low 10's.

LaserModVee
08-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Awesome call on the Porsche!
My wife and I were watching it together and I was saying the same thing, "Look, that guy died in a 911 doing a canyon blast. See the wheels?"

What he was doing was a far cry from what those baggy pants wearing, pimple-faced, mamma's boys were doing, or capable of. That still doesn't make it right, but it wasn't the best comparison.

I saw the aftermath of a five liter notchback car that lost it on the big end and hit a power pole that was three feet in diameter at the base. I was in my drag car when I came across it. The cops had just arrived and the kid was dead, that was about all it took for me. I didn't see close enough to see anything that would be imbedded in my head for life, but the mangled chunk of metal was scary enough.

I will still go hang and watch, but I always tell people to meet me at the track if they start giving me **** about mot running. Some do, most don't.

I haven't been out at all this year, too busy with boats.

My car went 12.41@111 with two washed down cylinders and a horrible bog at the line. The same motor went 10s in a heavier car. That motor blew up and is almost rebuilt, we are shooting for low tens on Hoosier street slicks and pump gas.

There is a 68 Camaro in town that I have witnessed run 8.18 in the quarter. He drives it everywhere too, he breaks valvesprings, but you can't call it a trailer queen!

I have seen a thousand here and a thousand there plunked down on street races, the guys around here are serious, they laugh at those kids and their imaginary fast cars. They love taking their money! I was guilty of the same **** when I was their age, but the same guys had a little more respect for me since I was in a 65 Nova! They still took my money!

Oh well, live and learn.

hydrostreamvulture1
08-13-2002, 09:09 AM
understand y people invest money in these import cars..1st off there front wheel drive which is a big minus right there ur not gonna have real "traction" till ur in 2nd gear depending how much HP u put out...2nd these cars werent made for racing they were made for the economy to get 30mph street 35 highway...and 3rd kids at my school r runnning a toyota's (camry) walkin around like there tuff **** with a coffee can exhaust and basically nothing else...cant wait to c there faces when i get (hopefully) my t-type regal or monte SS:D

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 11:11 AM
Your are right the cars have different intended puposed but I don't think a nova was exactly meant to an 11 sec car either. But anyway, jap car can be plenty fast-- down a twisty road.

A RX7 or 300zx can be made into a drag king but only after a lot $$ and work. But the same holds true for making a monte carlo into a canyon carver.

LaserModVee
08-13-2002, 11:49 AM
The people building these cars are "sheep" just following someone else on what is supposed to be cool. Vin Diesel is cool, right? That is who I will be, just like in the movies! Meanwhile, all of the aftermarket manufacturers are licking their chops and laughing all the way to the bank after taking some idiot's $500+ for a shiny coffee can to hang off the back. Hey, it adds 25 horsepower, RIGHT!?!?

Take the high road, beat your own path, and embarass these fools. T-Type, Monte, anything! It won't take much!

You could land a late 70s Pontiac Sunbird, Chevy Monva or Vega, bolt in a small block chevy and a turbo 350 for an instant SUPER CHEAP rice eater.

The Monte's and T-Type's are a much better looking way to go in my opinion, but the local "rice boy" wouldn't be afraid of an ugly Monza. They might know better than to mess with a T-Type.

LaserModVee
08-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sorry Dog
Your are right the cars have different intended puposed but I don't think a nova was exactly meant to an 11 sec car either.

Sort of. These cars came equipped with powerplants that propelled them into the 11's from the factory with a good set of tires. They came with four speeds, posi's, and stump pulling gears. You are correct with the early, (62-64), Nova's, they were designed to be an economic alternative to the big fullsize cars of those days.

Todays Jap cars are intended soley for economy, with exception to some of the econo boxes with an Si badge, (or similar), which gets you mild performance in the twisties and 15s in the quarter, (if you're lucky).

Get a used 91 Mustang 5.0 5 speed for 1/4 the price. Bolt on a set of good tires and destroy any of these tin cans in any situation, (other than snowy roads).

hydrostreamvulture1
08-13-2002, 12:58 PM
you guyz heard about the "typhoon blazer" this thing is suppose 2 be the baddest thing on the street today AWD and will spin all 4 tires like nothing...i was told by a grand national owner by me it will smoke a grand national hands down...i was wondering if anyone has any tips on this monster SUV all i seen wuz a video of it doing donuts in a parking lot pretty sick truck..anyone have any specs on this car at all?

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 01:10 PM
I think you have a point about the Civics but if you pick out some other models of the same vintage as a 91 mustang such as a MR2 turbo or supercharged, supra turbo, RX7 turbo, etc. they are nearly as fast straight line and better handling rides.
Now you can mod the 5.0 to make more hp for less but if your talking about a car that goes, turns, and stops you will have to spend a lot on mustang (like replacing the entire braking system) and a lot more on anything from the 60's and 70's. So I feel that for an all around performer some of the jap models can compete.

Those 6 inch cans on the back of accords are gay as hell but I'm sure the dude driving that would trade for a 300HP mustang he could. I hope.

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 01:39 PM
It has a turbo version of a 4.3 liter six (3/4 of a 350 w/ 280 hp). It came out first as the cyclone in lowered S10 pickup form and then showed up in a lowered s10 blazer. If memory serves Car and Driver was getting 5.5 to 60 runs but I'm sure fooling with the boost would make in to that donut maker you saw. I would think at some point, though, the traction advantage of AWD would be small when the HP level gets high enough for weight transfer and tires to be more important.

LaserModVee
08-13-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Sorry Dog
Those 6 inch cans on the back of accords are gay as hell but I'm sure the dude driving that would trade for a 300HP mustang he could. I hope.

Blahahahaaa!!!!

I think we are in total agreeance on everything as far as some Jap cars being worthy.

But I am talking about the dickheads and their winged, piped, queermobile's.

I hope those guys would trade their Accord for a 300HP Mustang, but I doubt it. In their minds they are already producing over 300HP with all of the mods they have bolted on, so why bother trading for a heavy American car?:D

A buddy of mine is a Typhoon/Cyclone nut, he has had several of them that flat haul the mail!

I witnessed a couple of Eagle Talon AWD cars roll into the dragstrip 5 or 6 years ago, (before it was cool to mod Jap cars), that left everyone scratching their heads. These two guys drove the cars to the track off the freeway. They were obviously street driven cars, they did not have wings or pipes. They were quiet in fact. The first one knocked off a low 12 second blast, the next one went 11.50 something.

These are the guys I respect and like to see run, not the 17 second idiots with bolt on body and exhaust mods taking up my valuble track time.

patchesII
08-13-2002, 02:17 PM
my brother put it perfect. jap pilots will first spend money everywhere but where it counts, wings, coffee cans, ground effects, wheels, yellow seats, and the list goes on. then the very last thing they do is make motor modifications. real gearheads spend the first dollar trying to make more power. me and lasermodvee see eye to eye on these things. as far as a jap car in 91 outrunning a notchback in a straight line, i doubt it. how many of those cars would go real 13's off the floor. not many, if any. i only got to run one import when i had my mustang a few years ago. this was before they were popular and he started it with me. he gave up after 2nd gear. my car pulled like a 1.6 60 ft and that was enough to discourage him.

Sorry Dog
08-13-2002, 04:29 PM
I think 13's for a stock 302 GT would be optimistic, but some of the jap cars in the same price range would not embarass themselves in that price range. Those talons would turn a good time if you were willing to smoke the clutch.
It's the one's with all that jap lettering crap that is real gay. I mean they probably don't even know what that crap means. It could be saying america sucks for all those rice boys know. I thought I was still kinda young but I look around and these kids are a different breed now with pants under their shoes and crap like that. Now I'm startin to talk like T Rex. Guess I oughta get my hood and flag on out an head on over ta rexes trailer.

LaserModVee
08-13-2002, 05:14 PM
5.0s-
My buddies that ran these cars would take a bone stocker, toss the highway cogs for some 4.10's or 3.73's, buy a set of Weld wheels, (15x4 up front w/skinnies and 15x8 or whatever with M/T street slicks). Take this combo to the track, roll to the line, sidestep the clutch with the r's to the moon and witness a car well into the 13s.

Add a wimpy dose of nitrous and you have yourself a badass street machine.

Did you guys ever notice that all of the GAY lettering on the side of those homo-mobiles is always YELLOW? I saw on www.beaterz.com that they figured yellow=speed. It all made sense to me then.

I like the fake Xenon blue headlights and the clear taillights the best!

Where can I get some of this **** for my Dodge truck?

KEVIN NICHOLS
08-13-2002, 06:49 PM
those pus cars are for kids who mommy and daddy buys them every thing..... thank god i grew up on old mopars and grezzy hands and mercury outboards....

patchesII
08-13-2002, 07:20 PM
brothers 92 notchback turned two back to back passes in the 13.90's at 98 mph when it had 75000 miles. it was bone stock with 3.08 gears and regular street radials and zero other modifications. i know of a couple others around here that did the same. i agree with brian, some of these guys do work on their cars and i respect that. but on the local scene these guys act like their cars are the next thing to the space shuttle but will refuse to race a mustang , camaro, grand national, or any thing like that. that what i don't like

LaserModVee
08-15-2002, 02:58 PM
I got to thinking about it, and I remember one of my buds had a bone stocker that ran consistent 14.10s. So 13.90s are very easy to believe just from different drivers, altitude, weather, and track conditions.

I think pound for pound, when it comes to a great overall street machine, the 5.0 Mustang is tough to beat. I am a Chevy guy too! Tons of aftermarket parts and research has gone into these cars already. Everything is available and reasonably priced to put yourself in a serious street/strip contender.

I am eventually going to land a notchback to build a highway/saltflats/top end screamer out of to take on road trips and commute to work in. Maybe do the Hot Rod Powertour too. I did part of it once before, but to do it again I will have A/C and highway gears.

LaserModVee
08-15-2002, 03:07 PM
I just looked at your guy's profiles. We are all around the same age, 27-28 or so. What gives? Imports were around when I was in high school, but nothing like today. I just don't get it. It's not like we all grew up during the musclecar era.

Kevin~ So true! Mamma and papa will buy me a new wing for my Civic.

patches~ I call those phukkers out all the time, (when my car is running). They never want to run when they hear my car. They make fun of it because it's a Nova WAGON, but I think that makes it cool. It's not another cookie cutter winged POS front wheel driver that is slow as hell. They always talk **** when they see it sitting in the lot, but they shut their mouths when I ask them to run. I don't even street race, but I know none of them will run me, so I ask them to so their little hot girlfriend sees what kind of "man" she is with. He's afraid to race an old STATION WAGON!!!

patchesII
08-15-2002, 04:30 PM
they keep to their self and don't really interact with the domestic guys. they know they can't outrun any of them. i wish there would have been more of them around when i had my mustang, or iroc, or stroker motor truck i had in high school. as for my age and cars, i got it from my dad. he used to be kind of a gearhead growing up. i know that if i got something fast now i'll end up with more tickets so i have my fun on the water now. i would kill for a suzuki hayabusa right now but i'd probably go to jail on that. what motor do you have in the wagon

LaserModVee
08-15-2002, 04:40 PM
I was on the bike kick for a while, but I got another boat instead. A buddy of mine had a GSX-R 750, ZX-6R, and a TL1000 all at the same time. He would call me up and ask if I wanted to go riding, DUH??? HELL YES!!! So I would ride the 6R. That's when I was dying for a bike.

Oh well, some other day.

The wagon has a 350 .060 over. Solid lift cam w/1.6 rockers, Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Race Demon carb, cast iron DartII heads with over 100 hours of cutting and flowbench time.
The motor runs on pump gas and dynos at over 500 horse @ 7400 rpm.

The motor was .030 over, but before we got it dialed in a valve broke and beat the hell out of a piston and twisted a rod. It turned out being a manufacturer defect on that run of valves. The motor should be back in it this fall.

We are shooting for the 10s with this setup.

pyro
08-16-2002, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't dismiss all the jap stuff, some of it is bad ass!

My friend had a bone stock '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. This was a 2.0 L 4cyl. with a beefy turbo and AWD. 210 hp in a small car with a 5speed, 0-60 in 6.4 seconds, NOT BAD. All wheel drive is a rocket off the line, only a slight chirp from the tires if you dropped the clutch hard enough. He let me drive it once, what a rush! Best handling car I've ever driven.

hotrodjim
09-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Whats the differance between a honda civic and a 2 liter bottle of Coke????

.......Abought .4 liter.

(Hondashave 1.6 liters)

JW
09-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Yes, there are a LOT of 10 second jap cars here, mostly Civics. They ARE making several hundred horse, but for a very short time at high rpms with the nitrous button held down. They are also gutted, roll cage, fat slicks up front, and totally illegal to run on the street. So many of these 'street' jap cars are SO posing.....LOLOL

bondo 007
09-16-2002, 10:20 PM
I used to do alot of street racing myself.I had numeras 70's camaros ,one i raced for 3 years "all of witch was on the streat".I know have a 97 z28 with some bolt ons and a bad ass paint job that i was going to pull the moter out of and have strocked this winter,,,for the sole purpas of streat racing.My mind was changed quick for two reasons ,,,the first got me thinking .About two months ago some freinds and i went to a city 1 hour away to race "i was going to drive my freinds car 4 him it is a mid 10 gt coupe and it is the 1st race car he has had,hes not to confoftable with it yet .Well to make a long story shorter we couldnt get the money part of the race worked out so a nother guy that came with us raced the kid i was going to race.We went out and they lined up ,the guy i was with was in a chevell and tye kid was in a 86 or 7 cutlass with a MONSTER small block,they left and the cutlass was all over the road,just past the 8 th he cut lose ant shot into the chevels side of the road 2 or 3 foot in front of him ,then he hooked up and went strait 4 the ditch"a 3 foot deep one at that" he cleared 10 rows of corn and destroyed the car.i still dont know if he lived "he was real bad when we finaly found him"as soon as we knew someone knew where he was and there was help on the way we left and left fast. Then about a week later i went to a boat race with a freind and found a new love,,,i still love cars but i know race a laser hull with a merc best regards all,,,
Bondo

LaserModVee
09-19-2002, 09:21 PM
That show is on MTV again right now.

Here is one of those "fast" Honda's :rolleyes:

Propster
09-20-2002, 01:35 PM
I watched part of that MTV show and laghed hard when a couple of civics with wings, spoilers, and fart pipes line up and raced. They were making noise and shifting gears but they were so slow that they were still within 300 ft of the camara man 5 seconds later.

Man, in two gears and five seconds... I better be outa the picture!!!

For some reason, the ricers will not look at me when I am driving this...

trbocharge
09-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Listen,

I first was offended by the mods done to the imports....they were stupid,ugly and slow.........but then again I started to think.....if I were their age what would I do.....I probably would do the import thing.......the age of the affordable musclecar is gone....and it is handible to mod these imports.....even if it is just for appearance....they could be spending their money(or mom's) on drugs or alcohol so I think it is a good phase of motorsports era....a piece of history I would say.....and, it looks like to me that the little hotties like em........so, nuff said...

I did encounter one of these highly modified cars at the track.....one of them their rotary deals.....man was that thing annoying.....sounded like a 50 blenders hooked to 440v.....I told the owner that too......he said to me "Pistons are for Pussys" . Then I rolled out my ride from the trailer and I said "You wanna race my pistons you pinhead?".......

Needless to say he did the shame turn and walked away........

just my 2 pennies.

LaserModVee
09-20-2002, 02:55 PM
trbocharge-
I have the same feelings, sort of. I must agree, the hotties like 'em, but Hollywood kind of helped that one, regardless they like 'em. The hotties think my '65 Nova wagon looks like a hearse, it's too big, and old.

I gave my buddy's girlfriend a ride in the wagon about 10 years ago, it ran consistent 13.75's then. She was going on and on at how fast her brother's bone stock Mitsubishi Eclipse was and how a station wagon could never be fast. I wish I had a camera on board to see the look on her face when we launched and went through the three gears! My car 60 footed 1.80s-1.90s with the 4.11:1 and a mini spool, so it was definitely a rush for someone that had never felt anything like tht before.

Is that rail yours? I see a BBC, aluminum heads, NON-TURBOCHARGED car with a dominator or big Demon up top.

Lookin good!

Simon
09-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Here is a picture of my honda eater,

Eric

trbocharge
09-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Thanks flyinbrian:

Yea, this is my other woman.....NHRA Super Comp: IHRA Top Dragster.......No turbo, just alcohol and inches, tried a flying toilet bowl and never could get it right. I run with an awsome mod 850 by AED out of Virginia, 60 foot 1.18.........low 8's qm.....still shaking the bugs out of her... should run 7.85's once dialed.....have the motor out and changing cams.......stopped working on it.....got too hot down here......went and brought the drag stv..........

O, the turbo is for my Turbo t Buick.......

Nice Nova, looks like you have a nice combination..........I always loved those cars....

Hey, Hows the skater, and ltv doing these days?????

trbocharge
09-20-2002, 05:12 PM
Nice coupe Simon!!! Real nice.....small block with a....lets see....6-71 hooter on it???

Simon
09-20-2002, 05:13 PM
On my way to the f1 races at the beach in San Diego right now in the coupe yeee hawww!

LaserModVee
09-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Simon, sweet coupe!!! I love the seat cover.

trbocharge,
Thanks on the Nova.
Skater-Port side propshaft leak, sitting around waitng on me to fix it.

LTV-Sitting right side up in the garage, on a cradle, bottom painted, waiting onme to finish the top.

I am 100% on the Nova right now. Want it ready before the snow is on the ground.