PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT! The Vegas is MINE!

04-20-2001, 08:37 PM
For the past week, I've been claiming that my rig has a Hydrostream Vegas XT, and now I'm not bulls%&#ting anymore. I test drove it on this tiny lake by the guy's house who owned it, and it got the thumbs up. IT'S MINE ! ! !

Delta
04-21-2001, 12:30 AM
Congrats pyro!
Does it have any mods at all?
Like solid mounts,foot throttle,tilt on wheel?
These things are really necessary!
What RPMs are ya getting at WOT? (With what prop?)
I have the same rig(down to the motor,but I dun blowed it up,so I have a 200 carb for now!),so if you have any really really stupid questions,let me know...I've pretty much asked all of them.<G> If you have any relatively intelligent questions,Aquaholic has a Vegas XT,I think Thumper,and Anthony SS is a great wealth of info on them.
Have ya read this article by him?http://www.pbcc.on.ca/main/Lapse.html

Congratulations,and lets get some info on it!
Delta

Delta
04-21-2001, 12:37 AM
That hyperlink wasn't highlighted.
Let's try this:
ClickHERE (http://www.pbcc.on.ca/main/Lapse.html)

04-21-2001, 06:27 AM
I noticed you are in SE Michigan, I was just there two weeks ago! I live in SW Michigan, and we took the trip over to Cabelas and BassPro for a two day get-away. You ever tow that new rig over to play on Gull Lake, let me know!!

Leo
04-21-2001, 07:04 AM
jhjkgjg

04-21-2001, 08:52 AM
It's got a stock 200 XRi (EFI) 2.4 Merc. It DOES have solid mounts (previous/2nd owner.) The Land&Sea hydraulic jackplate, Hydromotive nosecone/lwpu, and Quicksilver 28" chopper were all sold or installed by the dealer who sold the rig new. It runs about 76 on the stock speedometer at 7200 rpm. That sounds too high for a stock motor. Could I spin a 30" chopper maybe? I have only drove it once for a one minute test drive before I bought it. We were on a small shallow lake, so I only had enough room to get it up to about 68. I have posted back and forth with AnthonySS, 91Vegas, Aquaholic, etc., and they have been very helpful and were my biggest influence toward buying this boat. I'm open to suggestions from anyone... -Chad

04-21-2001, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I read the artice. Scary stuff. I live in the Irish Hills area, about 5 miles from Michigan Intl. Speedway. I go to Wamplers Lake, Devil's Lake, and The Huron River chain'o'lakes in the warm months. -Chad

Cp
04-21-2001, 10:05 AM
Sounds to me like your speedo is about 10 mph low or your tach is about 1000 rpm high. Most likely the latter as that would jive with most Vegas's and stock 200's I've heard of. Good luck and enjoy the new rig. Cp