PDA

View Full Version : Install ???

fichrman2
01-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Was going to put a stereo in my neighbors 21 ft CC after figuring where he wanted everything I started my lay out- What I found was that the cartridge that the radio slips into has no way to be secured in the console. The instructions tell you to use a wire strap to support the rear of the radio , but thats impossible in this case because there is no where to bolt it to the underside of the console. The unit did not come with a splash guard as the other install I did had , the splash guard actually held the cartridge and bolted to the dash. Is this what I'm lacking or is there another way to secure the cartridge to the console ????

Also is a jig saw the best for cutting the console ?? any particular blade if so ?

Thanks , :cheers:
Andy

flabum1017
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
you really should install the splash guard to keep the stereo dry and aid in installation,,,,, it's worth the $40 investment.

Use masking tape i
on the console where you will be cutting and use a fine pitch blade to make a smooth, chip-free cut. Also, if you are drilling screw holes into gel-coat, chamfer the holes with a countersunk bit to keep the gel-coat from cracking when you install the screws.