PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Performance Boat Rally - September7 & 8

Michael Martin
08-01-2002, 03:41 PM
Its party time again down here on Lake Murray.
Streams, Allisons, Stv's, Mirages, will be kicking ass and taking names. There will be STATE SPEED RECORD's set at this event. The classes will be based on the manufactures model, - Motor or HP does not mater.
Other awards include:
 Boat Show- Best Paint, Best Setup, Best Complete Rig, and Most Intimidating Boat
 All boats must put in at Holland’s and register inside Buffalo Creek Grill for the rally. This is not a race it is a gathering.
 Free Shirts and Participant decals to the first 50 boaters that register
 VP Racing Fuel trucks will be on location for your boating needs

Were loking to have vender / manufacturer boothes on display
Any and all profits from this event wil be donated to the Shriners Childrens Hospital.

Give me a call @ 803-364-2596
or e-mail - webmaster@sclakes.com

You boats speed doesn't matter, JUST BRING IT.

See all yall soon

Mike Martin

trbocharge
08-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Mike,

I am new to the boating scene in the south....where are the best places to boat in SC......?

Michael Martin
08-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Depending on where you live, Lake Murray is one of the better lakes. There is a group of us that gather most every sunday in Craynes Landing cove.

There also is good boating on Greenwood and Hartwell if your looking for somewhere to hang out.

Jocassee and Keowee are probably the prettest with the crystal clear water and lack of development.

It just really depends on where you live & what your looking for.
Hope this helps.

Also my website - www.sclakes.com - has info on most all the different lakes so it may help you as well.

Mike Martin

trbocharge
08-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Thanks Mike. I am in Society Hill......Florence area.......probably an 1 1/2 hours from Murray......

Just looking for a place to stretch out my legs in my stv...........I plan on attending your outlaw rally............hopefully if I can pick my boat up this coming week.

Whats with the speed records? Are these new or are they old records available for review from last year, if so what are they............is it 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 mile or kilo run?????

Thanks Mike:eek:

fastboat
08-02-2002, 07:31 AM
TC,
I saw your post to Sammy Corley. He goes to Robinson sometimes, but usually comes down to Murray. In fact, I will be with him today at Murray. He and Emily are staying til Sunday. Give me, Mike, Sammy, or Danny Agnew (Country Marine) a call and one of us will fill you in.

Wayne Tarrant
(803) 356-2501

trbocharge
08-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks Wayne,

I will give you a call after the weekend........thanks!! :)

RULE-1
08-04-2002, 09:40 PM
But can only come for one of the days.
Would Sat. be the day to come?

Michael Martin
08-04-2002, 09:53 PM
Sat will be the main day, I just strteched it to 2 days since we have a lot of boats coming down from far out.

give me a holler if ya get a chance!

Mike
803-364-2596

KeninSC
08-07-2002, 06:04 AM
Hey Mike,
Carol and I will be there Saturday for sure. May be able to talk her into both days. We both enjoyed the heck out of the June get together, looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Ken

Michael Martin
08-07-2002, 07:21 AM
Hey Ken - Glad to hear you're coming back down.

Trbocharge - Sorry I missed your question -

Whats with the speed records?

We will be running a 1/4 mile course and the speed will be measured by Stalker radar.

Are these new or are they old records available for review from last year, if so what are they............is it 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 mile or kilo run?????

These are new records. They will be based on the manufacturer's model. The HP or modifications of the motor will not matter. For example - There will be a seperate record for every Hydrostream model.
Vector would be one, V-King another, HST, and so on.

Our records are state records. So a SC vector isn't competeing against a NC Vector.

VP Racing Fuels is bringing their fuel truck to the event this year. Mr. Chapman wants to develop a relationship with OPBR that will help us reach our goals. They will have fuel, oil, T-shirts and other logo wear for sale. Please help me to thank them for supporting us. Buying fuel is optional, you may use pump gas from the local Citgo but Citgo hasn't offered us a check yet…….

Like our events in the past, we will be donating all profit to the Newberry County Shrine Club to be given to the Shriners Children's Hospital in Greenville SC. If you have never been, it is a eye opening experience. The hospital not only offers the best care for children that have been burned, they also offer treatment for life threatening diseases such as cancer. They also help the parents in any way they can, mentally and emotionally.

fastboat
08-07-2002, 08:34 AM
I hope the 21 Eliminator with the twins doesn't show up :D .

Michael Martin
08-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Talked to a guy today from Delaware, said he's bringing a 21 Liberator Jet that suppose to run in the 1xx range. From what I understand its a punched out 502 (540) blower motor with 8:1 compression and NOS.

Sounds pretty mean!!!

Wayne - Dont worry your 1/4 mile #'s are very good & I don't think you'll have much to worrie about. See ya Sunday!

Mike

boataddict26
08-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Might be able to attend with my 12 footer.

Michael Martin
08-23-2002, 03:54 PM
We've got a crowd coming up from FL already. Drop me an e-mail if I can help.

Mike

Michael Martin
08-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Its almost here!!! CANT WAIT!!!!

Mike

fastboat
08-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Mike,

Don't know if I told you, but Danny, Mike and I (with wives) rented the place by the Buffalo Grill. It is now called the TajmaHolland. We will be there early Friday morning, so come on over. I'm sure we can figure out something to do, to hold us over til Saturday morning :D ;) .

Michael Martin
08-30-2002, 01:16 PM
I've got a bunch of guys comming down Friday that are staying over at P&L (+/- 10 boats).

I'll be over there prob around 12:00 or so fri.

See ya

Mike