PDA

View Full Version : hey rumble musicians i was just wondering.......

Talon2.5
07-30-2002, 06:19 AM
if the hotels are 5 miles away and we are setting up at the tiki bar, and we have to leave any equipment set up there, we should have tarps to cover it and a way to get the equipment back to the hotels that we arent leaving at the bar

i guess security at the park will be watching the tiki bar too??

i'll have the van and wont drink much if any while practicing but when not practicing?????

greg doesnt drink so if he wants to be the designated driver of the "equipment van" we can do that for our transportation and equipment hauling using my van

i will bring two tarps i have in case of rain but also for the nightime dew ;)

whatcha think fast company??

Damage Inc
07-30-2002, 08:41 AM
I was hoping to be able to unload the drums Thursday and leave them set up in the Tiki bar all weekend. It will be a major pain to set them up and take them down every day! I was hoping that the bar had some kind of roof? At least over the stage area? If not, I suppose I can cover them, but I won't leave them if there is no security. I really don't want to have to buy a drum set!

Not long now!! Gettin' syked!

halveb
07-30-2002, 08:45 AM
I don't know what the setup will look like and I don't know if the bar owner's gonna want to be having us practice during his normal business hours (might scare him outta the deal). Gary said he was alright with our practice I just hope he's seen soup being made before.

I think we should take guitars and such back to the hotels when not using them as they are real easy to walk off with. The PA and amps might be difficult to pack up and move around so I agree they'll have to stay and being covered would be good. If you want to use your van as an equipment hauler and Greg would drive then that would be cool.

There is going to be a shuttle between the hotel and park so we don't need to worry too much about drinking and driving. I would be hesitant to leave equipment in vehicle at park not because of theft but I think we are going to have 90 degree days while we're there so I like the idea of hauling the equipment back to hotel.

Talon2.5
07-30-2002, 09:06 AM
ive got a pretty good size blue tarp we can use on the drumset and a 6x8 brown tarp we can use for the p/a board

i'm sure once we get there we will be able to figure it all out with some ease but wanted to share my thoughts and my van and tarps for us to pull this off

just thinking out loud throiugh the thread i guess :)

halveb
07-30-2002, 09:48 AM
I recall Gary telling me that we will be playing outside at the Tiki bar but where we will be has a roof. I guess I don't know what kind of security there will be but being at the bar at least someone will be there so someone couldn't just walk in and grab stuff.

Ideally we will be able to drag the stuff inside the bar when they close up so it will be locked up at night. It will be kind of a hassle to do this everyday but better safe than sorry. The way I look at it my truck doesn't have secure storage (even though it has a tonneau cover) unless we kept everything in the hotel rooms.

Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me. If we all pitch in it wouldn't take too long to pack up or move equipment inside.

Scream And Fly
07-30-2002, 10:32 AM
I was planning on leaving the bulk of my equipment at the hotel - I never thought the bar owner would want our equipment there for a few days, but if it's okay with him I guess we can work something out. I'm just very overprotective of my equipment, so I wouldn't mind moving it around if it meant it was secure. I'll help you all in any way I can. Here's what I'm bringing to the Rumble:

Fender Stage 112 SE 1x12 combo amp - 160 watts
Tube Works RT 2100 2x12 combo amp - 100 watts
Two Marshall 1x12 speaker cabs
Goldtop Les Paul
Ibanez RG 570 (good for 80's stuff)
Digitech RP-1
Digitech RP-100 (for Skip)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Guitar stands
Three Shure SM-57's

Other misc. stuff.

Greg

Talon2.5
07-30-2002, 11:05 AM
:D the digitech's are coming the digitechs are coming :D

Scream And Fly
07-30-2002, 11:32 AM
How are ya buddy? I tried calling you earlier... Are you at work now?

Also, I need you to play the acoustic part in Every Rose Has Its Thorn - the only electric parts are the leads!

Greg

Talon2.5
07-30-2002, 11:42 AM
yep at work call me

i thought we droped that song? i'll have the acoustic with me :D

show me master :D

every rose
metallica
civil war

i think i got the rest :rolleyes:

halveb
07-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Greg,

If you're gonna do Every Rose Has Its Thorn then I got some more learning to do also. That was one of the dropped songs but if we can get everything else under control I wouldn't mind learning the bass part.

Also just making sure but you got mic cables for those three SM57s right?

I wish I had a bigger amp like you but all I got is my little Marshall JTM30 30 watt all tube amp but I really like the sound. I have a little amp stand so I can point it right at my ear so as to hear it over everything. Was looking at some other new Marshall tube amps but don't have an extra $1,600 for the triple lead combo or even the double lead combo.

Sweet looking guitars. Peter Frampton plays a seven string Les Paul. I don't know but someone told me they are very sensitive and hard to play, Frampton did alright with it when I saw him a few years ago though. Funny thing, we all agreed he looks more like Henry Fonda now than he used to. Looks like yours still has the tag on it (I gotta believe it's been played but I doubt much).

Talon2.5
07-30-2002, 01:30 PM
well looks like the papers are gonna be late again!!

but of course ive got PLANS!!!!!!

get done with work do a marathon van loading job and haul ass in the night of morning (before the sun comes up i hope) sit back hit the gas and listen to the radio with my CB on to talk to folks both arms on the captains chairs down and riiiiiiiddddeeee on

kathy
07-30-2002, 03:03 PM
IT'S ME THE SINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KATH

We're throwing in "Every Rose Has its Thorn".......... this is okay I thought it was cut TOO but that's fine I have been practicing it........... let's throw one more ........... "Heaven" by Warrant that one's easy. Deal? We can negotiate when we get down there!!! :cool: :) ;)

Scream And Fly
07-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Oops, I never knew Every Rose was cut - I guess when we all get together we'll be able to decide the final set list. I'm sure no matter what we decide to keep or cut, we'll be fine.

I do have cables for those mics - they are already in my bag. I'm taking the extra combo amp in case the smaller amps are not loud enough. I would bring a half stack (or two, for that matter) but my car just doesn't have the real estate. Looks like it's the combos for me.

Bob, I have the Marshall TSL 100 head - best amp head I ever played through.

We might have to run the bass guitar through the PA system. Would that be okay? Does your mixer need a direct box, or can the bass just go right into it? Most don't need a direct box, but you never know.

Also, the 70's set is tuned to standard E, and the 80's set is tuned to E-flat. We'll have to retune the bass and any guitars accordingly.

Let me know if there is anything I am over looking...

Greg

halveb
07-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Greg,

I haven't found any situation where the bass dipped below low E but then I can certainly be wrong. I've been practising those songs on standard tuning.

The board accepts direct input but the problem is going to be hearing the bass on stage. If you think a small bass amp is going to be difficult to hear my stage monitor system isn't really designed for bass applications. I have the Galaxy Audio setup small powered speakers that mount on mic stands (no bigger than a shoe box). I don't know of they have the hutzpa to make the bass noise needed and I only have three.

Man we aren't even there yet and we're having problems. :D

kathy
07-30-2002, 04:57 PM
It's all okay....... We're going to be fine...... We're all stressin a tiny bit just a tiny bit...;) Can I redirect you now to the musicians attending thread? I have a question I need an answer to. Really looking forward to playing with you see you in a few days......... Drive safe!!!!