PDA

View Full Version : Sealing aluminum?

Stealth Assassin
09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Any one have any good Ideas for sealing a polished aluminum fishing boat?

D

Stealth Assassin
10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Nobody???

rockman69
10-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Eastwood,com has some decent stuff called diamond clear, avail. in spray cans and quarts. used this on a midsect. and lower, ran out, didnt want to wait so finished with some "similar" crap from menards, (on the lower only) the lower corroded, turned white in spot and when i wiped it off, was black underneath. around the exhaust holes in the mid (omc, shot with eastwood) werre black, greasy. had to scrub with cleaner and a scotchbrite, thought it was gonna be the same as the lower. not a scratch, didnt effect the clear at all. so basically the eastwood stuff on the mid still looks like the day i put it on, the lower (menards crap) looks like shiot, is gonna get blasted and reshot with eastwood.
just my experience, but worth looking into
Dr. D

Stealth Assassin
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I was hoping to find something like a wax that will work on aluminum. I am thinking the clear on a John boat will fex to much. I dunno, just looking around.

Gords polish Is some killer stuff and he claims that his product has a sealer In It.

D

jallen355
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Check into "Metal Gloss" sealer gloss. I've used their polish and sealer on billet aluminum parts on show bikes for years with good results. Don't know how well it will hold up on a hull, though.

http://master-formula.com/Metal%20Polish.htm

Vegas XT
10-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Xzilion is a product designed for the aviation industry,Its made to seal paint & bare aluminum, it has passed all Boeing&Douglas tests(1300 hrs salt spray test)among others to be used on their airframes.I have been in the detailing buisness since 1990 and have not come across many products that have any longevity to them,this one definetly does.Its expensive and labor intesive but well worth it.(you get what you pay for) Granitize Products 1-562-923-5438.