PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo engine height

Ilovespeed
07-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Hey i need some advice i ahve a voodoo and a 40 hp merc...right now it runs about 48 mph hour with a 17 pitch aluminum prop i have tried a chopper (10 3/8 by 10 pitch and i didnt get a rooster...it didnt cavitate when plaining but cavitated when trimming)my motor sits like the picture i have attatched( i am not certain about how low the bottom of the baot is that is just a rough sketch i dont ahve the baot right i front of me!)...should i go higher ???? lower?????i may just ahve to get a bigger motor???
thanks for the help

Tyler

boataddict26
07-23-2002, 07:01 PM
My boat is similar to yours as youve seen, and the ideal place for my 60 or 25 is to have the drain plug level with the bottom of the boat. Might want to give it a try but you will probly need a shorter mid. so your not top heavy.

Mike

speedyfast
07-25-2002, 10:56 AM
A friend had a voodoo a while back with a 60 mariner on a jackplate, running a chopper prop ( forget size ). The jack plate was built and designed for a 40 but she worked beutifully to get the engine up. That was the sweetest set up voodoo i have been in or have yet to see. That summer we saw speeds b/w 70 and 73. no ****.
Anyway, i think you have to raise the engine. Or get yoself a 60 and raise er'.
Anywone ever run a 90 yammy on a voodoo, seems like the smallest, lightest 90 around.
peace out fast people