PDA

View Full Version : Livorsi gps speedo

wideopen23
09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I just bought a livorsi gps speedo from a guy on the boards here, he said it worked good when he send and I just cant seem to get it to work, When I hook it up it goes the full sweep and the ends up in the 9 oclock position which according to the instructions means there is a problem with the antenna or it isnt getting 12v. I have checked everything I can think of, looking for some help, maybe I am missing something has this happen to anyone else?
THanks
Justin

Fish
09-20-2008, 03:18 PM
i had the same problem. It is my understanding that the wires that connect the antenna are really fragile and can be damaged easily. It very well way have been working when he took it out and it got damaged on removal, or even when you installed it, it is way too easy to do even if you are careful.

best bet is to send it back to livorsi. No need to send the gauge, but I think your antenna is the culprit; it was in mine with a similar failure (Except ine stopped at 3 o'clock).

wideopen23
09-20-2008, 03:45 PM
thanks fish, I read your other thread when you had your problem, I am getting power all the way through the antenna wires, from the antenna to the gauge. I guess I will just have to send it in.
Thanks
Justin