PDA

View Full Version : Stains on White Vinyl Seat

Velocity72
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
We had my two grandsons (2 1/2 and 1) out in the boat this weekend. They're always very hungry when boating, and my wife had some spegetti-os for the 1 year old. He got one hand free and dipped his fingers in the little bowl and then smeared it on the back of the bench seat before she could get to him. I now have a spegetti-o stain that vinyl cleaner and a magic eraser can't budge. I'm thinking Clorox Clean-Up next, but I'd like your suggestions. Anybody got an idea?:confused:

markt111
09-02-2008, 08:15 AM
sunlight and time will bleach it out

capt-ak
09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
bleach will eat the threads. use soft scrub w/out bleach. I also had a guy that does custom interiors told me that they use lighter fluid to clean off stains:confused:

Surface_cutn
09-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Use a little automotive brake clean on a rag. Don't spray it on directly.. CAREFULLY wipe it so as not to take the color off. Do it a little bit at a time to get the feel of how it reacts. If it's cleanable this will work...

Surface_cutn
09-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Use a little automotive brake clean on a rag. Don't spray it on directly.. CAREFULLY wipe it so as not to take the color off. Do it a little bit at a time to get the feel of how it reacts. If it's cleanable this will work...

The Interior of my boat was redone and then sat on a dirt floor in a shed for ten years and was a mess. After it was cleaned it had mega stains. With brake clean all stains came out. Check the pic's in this link.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1447336#post1447336

stvhelm
09-02-2008, 11:04 PM
give SprayNine a shot. it really does work good on stains

baja200merk
09-02-2008, 11:49 PM
ive found that if magic eraser doesnt take it out nothing does...

whipper
09-03-2008, 12:08 AM
:eek: Pardon did I hear you say spagetti onboard, Man your brave!:D Hope you find something that works dude!:thumbsup: I hate when that happens. The kids brought some cheese puffs on board once! Toothbrush and spit. Make small light swirling motion.:cheers: P.S. Before morning coffee. First thing when ya wake up will work best.

Fish
09-03-2008, 09:50 AM
spray nine is an awesome cleaner for almost anything. I would try magic eraser first though on interior, it works really well.:thumbsup:

Velocity72
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I appreciate all of the suggestions. I'm going to give things a try tonight and I'll let you know how it all "comes out".

I didn't know the spaghetti-os were on board!:o

joed
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
look in the sink cleaner section of you grocier. Zude comes in a can much like
comet. Make a paste out of some lightly wet area put paste on for 30 secs or so the wipe or spray the paste away. This stuff works great on water stains on your hull also. Just don`t leave it on upholstry to long.

Ronny Jetmore
09-05-2008, 10:59 AM
if you are careful and good with your hands, i promise if you use SEM products vinyl paint (not dye), you can paint that seat (or section) and you will be hard pressed to ever tell the difference. i have done several. one boat i converted from an ugly purple seat to a white and you could not tell that it had ever been painted.

thanks

ronny jetmore

stokernick
09-06-2008, 10:16 AM
all of the above,Spraynine,Zud,Softscrub[with bleach is what I used].will check out SEM vinyl paint,is it similiar to Kroylon's Fusion?

Ronny Jetmore
09-06-2008, 01:22 PM
SEM is more of a professional grade vinyl and carpet paint. i have used other brands, but SEM is the ultimate.

Velocity72
09-06-2008, 08:14 PM
After two days of sitting, the stain faded about 70%. I then used some clorox clean-up on it and it's about 95% GONE.:thumbsup: I'll hit it again tomorrow and hopefully that will do it. Thanks for all of the suggestions. You guys have put some good info in this thread. I quess spaghetti sause doesn't soak into vinyl like some other things would.

hotdaddy27
09-06-2008, 08:24 PM
My best success has been the Magic Eraser.

Spagetti on the Boat....That'll be the day!:nonod: