PDA

View Full Version : Lake Water Ring... Need it gone

4Speed
08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Having owned my Baja since new (16yrs) I left it in the lake for a few weeks this summer for the very first time and have a bath tub ring at the water line that soap, water & a lot of elbow grease wont remove. I even tried the auto bug/tar sponge... Need to know what will take it off.

JP Love
08-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Muriatic acid work good a minute after you brush or whit a good clothe pass the hose... Safety glass anr rubber glove... J-P Love

Fandango
08-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Try Mary Kate On/Off, usually works for me

Stitch King
08-30-2008, 04:55 AM
I use a spray on chrome wire wheel cleaner from Eagle One. It has Phosphoric and Oxicallic (spelling?) Acids. Never harmed the finish and you don't need a HAZ MAT setup to work with it. It cleans right as you spray it on. Make sure the area is dry before spraying it on and have a hose handy to rinse right away before it drys on the boat.

Sno-Bowl Toilet cleaner has the same ingredients but it's a weaker mix and needs a couple of applications.

You will need to Wax the area after your done.

RLP
10-02-2008, 09:03 PM
iron out toilet cleaner works great.
also need to wax after use

TheRickster
11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
"The Works" bath and tile cleaner in a spray bottle cut 50/50.. Spray on hose off.. tannic line is gone...

Rick

pyro
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Any of the cleaners mentioned above should take off the bathtub ring, as long as the gelcoat hasn't absorbed the water, which is known to happen on clear/metalflake Bajas that have been left in the water for a long time.

Fcmarine
02-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Those all sound like good ideas. If none of those take it off a quick buff should take it right off. Are you just worried about the visible waterline part or the entire bottom of the hull?