PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Bruster
07-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey Guys,
I am still looking for a transfer port cover for my old 1250 Super B.P. like the 1 below. There is a number in it: 12189. It appears as if the only motors to use this cover were the Super B.P.'s, both the 1000's and 1250's. I have followed up on the leads I was given from my last post to no avail. This is the only part I need to get on the water. Help!
http://members.aol.com:/mercmanwon/tpc.jpg

Raceman
07-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Bruce, why wouldn't a cover off any direct charge engine work until you can find the right one? If not, couldn't you get somebody to sand cast one from your other ones and work on the cosmetics a litte?

Gulp, I hate to say this, but have you tried Ted's?

Bruster
07-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Hey Norris,
I was at Ted's last March (driving 100 miles out of my way) and as usual there was no rush to locate what I had called in advance to have (said he had the cover) waiting for me. He looked for 10 minuites as I looked at a questionable TII he wanted to sell me. I left empty handed.
The later motors have a cover that directs the charge in to 2 intake ports, this motor has 3 (BIG) ports, with the cover directing the flow evenly across the openings. I suppose if I was to use all 3 covers that would ......... let the motor run. I just want it right the 1st time.
I am just hoping someone will do a little digging as there were plenty of the motors that got blasted. There has to be some parts somewhere, I'll even pay more than they are worth, just to make it worth the effort to look. Keep your eyes open for me, I'll remember. Thanks.....

LakeRacer99
07-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Bruce, Sorry I don't have the part you are looking for.
I wanted to ask you if you had those merc decals made that you have on your site? They seem to look really good, do they have the chrome backing? I have some 70's inline mercs I want to replace the worn out decals on.
I also wanted to ask you if you had redone that carlson, the detailed pic show the metalflake and it looks amazing.
Well, thanks for the advice, your stuff looks great.

jason

Raceman
07-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Bruce, I can't remember exactly what the ones in the 1500's look like, because I've rarely pulled that side over the years. Seems like I remember 2 wide ramps on em. The ones on my Twister 1 look exactly like the one in your picture but they have a casting number of 62695. If the Twister 1 had that style, the red striped Twister probably did also. Maybe that'll help expand your search a little.

Clams Canino
07-24-2002, 06:57 AM
I'm staring at a tranfer port cover from a 70's 115. If I had your cover, an aluminum welder, a dremel, and a few hours, I could duplicate yours outta mine.

The only difference is the 2 extrusions into the port area and the changes involve more the removal of metal than adding it.
As it sits the early 70's 115 cover looks like it will bolt right up.
-W

Raceman
07-24-2002, 03:35 PM
It'll definately bolt right up Rat. I think the little finger looking things stick up pretty good compared to the other engines though. I've got the one like Bruces to look at, but don't have the stocker handy without scattering something.

Clams Canino
01-07-2018, 10:52 AM
And we return to the board to reply to a 15+ year old thread that left memories. Foggy memories, that when deployed last week, painted me into a corner on another forum.
Bruster's OP in this thread had a picture with it when this thread was current. He references the picture in his first post @ "like the 1 below" and I clearly reference the same pic in my reply. Does that pic still exist? Please.