PDA

View Full Version : just trollin

justinn
08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
congrats to bill mason on the runner up finsh in se at fort worth just glad an outboard took home some money

slowverado
08-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Awesome job Bill, that ole bass boat was runnin down the car motors all day long.

Way2slow on H2O
08-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Justin, how much did you win??? Your .005 on the "dial in" was cool dude.

Congrats Bill, when it comes down to the finals, most of the time it's won by default, and a red light just means you're tryin. See ya in Marble Falls, save me a seat, lol...

Ronnie

slowverado
08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I might have to head down to Marble Falls with you boys, my cousin's wedding is Saturday and I don't really feel like attending, this would make the perfect excuse.

mirage243
08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Congrats Bill, awesome job. Who won S/E?

justinn
08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
marble falls will be cool im gonna try to run my vector stream with nitros ronnie i need some pointers with the go go juice

slowverado
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
be SPARING Justin.... thats the best nitrous advice anyone can give.... take it one step at a time... are you guys that run N20 running any kind of controller or anything?

Way2slow on H2O
08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Justin, are you plannin on "seat time" before this weekend??? You'll be lookin like "Aqua Bill" come saturday, lol....

Look at the tubes and see what the #'s are. You really need a nitrous pressure regulator to keep a consistent pressure otherwise you'll be like me and either not enough pressure or too much to the point the solenoid wont open.

slowverado
08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Ronnie, did the new solenoid have any issues? I called Dave today, waiting for him to get back to me. I would be interested in seeing how one of the FJO nitrous controllers works on a drag boat...

Way2slow on H2O
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Matt, the noid has a leak, lol, prolly dirty from sittin. I'll pop it open and have a look.

I tore the mota down today and it's tore up bad!!! I've torched some blocks, but never this bad. 5 out of 6 holes took a chit, lol... outta round nearly .030, oops.... plus 5 sleeves started rotating from too much heat.

I'm building a carb mota now, lol, tired of the EFI crap. My lil 2 liter champ will turn 11,000 with a ssm and 15 prop but wont do it in 1/4 mile. Maybe with bigger cubes it'll get there quicker.

Ronnie

fastskeeter
08-05-2008, 01:50 AM
ronnie ya gona make marble falls.

justin when are you going to pit? would like to pit nrxt to you guys. tore mine down today as well should have it back together tomorrow night thanks to chris.

casey

slowverado
08-05-2008, 05:18 AM
I've got these 2 motors I told you about Ronnie if you get in a bind let me know I'll drag'em out and you can take a look at them.

justinn
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
ronnie ya gona make marble falls.

justin when are you going to pit? would like to pit nrxt to you guys. tore mine down today as well should have it back together tomorrow night thanks to chris.

casey

im gonna try and mark off som pit if anyone wants me to save them one let me know and when they will be here

justinn
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Justin, are you plannin on "seat time" before this weekend??? You'll be lookin like "Aqua Bill" come saturday, lol....

Look at the tubes and see what the #'s are. You really need a nitrous pressure regulator to keep a consistent pressure otherwise you'll be like me and either not enough pressure or too much to the point the solenoid wont open.

seat time is highly overrated either you an drive a v bottom or you cant
the tubes are 175 are you coming to marble falls this weekend

Way2slow on H2O
08-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Justin, I may have caught a lucky break, the storm in Houston delayed our work schedule so we were able to put a motor together. Maybe, just maybe we can make it with the boat. If not, we'll come hang out and drink all your beer, lmao...

We fired the motor tonight and Justin had a brain fart to try it on alcohol since the ECU is so fat, we did and it sounded great. Idled good and hit hard. I'll break it in tomorrow and try it again on alky to see if I can tune it to run. It can't run any worse than with fuel!!!!

I don't know if you noticed how black the tops of the pistons were, and that's with the fuel regulator down to 38#'s instead of 56 that the ECU is programmed for. The EGT's are at 125/127 on idle with fuel and 345/347 with alky.

I screwed up and used small rods and don't really know how much nitrous it'll take before pushing the rods out the block???

I'll keep you posted on the progress

Ronnie

bill mason
08-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Hey Justin, we are coming to Marble Falls but won't be there until Friady early afternoon. Never been there before so not sure how to get to the site. We won't be doing the test and tune but if you can save us a spot that would be great. If ya need to get in touch with me my cell is 940-783-1236 see ya there

fastskeeter
08-06-2008, 01:49 PM
im gonna try and mark off som pit if anyone wants me to save them one let me know and when they will be here

i will be ther tomorrow morning some time

bill mason
08-07-2008, 07:46 AM
what did you do to your 300? I heard ya had some problems at Marine Creek. Hope it wasn't bad? Like to meet up with ya and talk (bass) make that fast bass boats!! Have a good trip see ya there

slowverado
08-07-2008, 07:58 AM
was the Blazer with the 300x (or was it xs?) that I saw at Marine Creek racing? saw it in the pits, but never saw it on the water Sunday.

fastskeeter
08-09-2008, 10:44 PM
it is just a stock 300 block.... has a few other thangs done to it. yes i smoked # 6 on first qualifing round. decided to not run it and save it for marble falls. made number one qualifier today with a 14.60 dial in and ran a 14.600 on a .02 light seems to be finally staying together. had clearence issuse, seems factory clearences do not work on number 5 and 6

casey

slowverado
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
cool deal!! Your 300 was the very first one my dad has seen of the big motors with their crazy looking mids and whatnot, he thought it was a homemade mid or something, I had to tell him like 3 times it was a factory setup.

fastskeeter
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
the mid is factory but it has been cut down from a 20" to a 15".

it is kind of bad a$$ looking!

did i get a chance to meet you guys?

casey