PDA

View Full Version : Hey Shore Pounder!

Instigator
07-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Did'nt I read that you were coming to Cols for the Mopar Nats??
If so, what are the dates?? Is'nt it like the weekend after the Rumble??
I will have my Super Bee out of storage by then and will probably be cruising Brice Road and trying to stay out of jail :)
Got sucker'd (was'nt my fault!) into doing a smokey burn out a couple years ago against my better judgment while at a light on Brice.
Looked up in my mirror in horror as I see flashing lights coming at me through traffic (they were towing cars for that!) and I was trapped by traffic and a red light.
I thought I would die when they stopped the guy in a Taurus behind me!
Yes officer the smoke was coming form his car :)
Got a ticket for littering one year for dumping water in the road for bleach burn outs too :)
Are you bringing a car??

action17
07-16-2002, 06:36 AM
gator what year is your super bee? my dad had a 69 440 six pack he used to drag race in nhra back in 70 and 71!! small world huh!!

::cool:

Instigator
07-16-2002, 07:41 AM
'68 converted to look like a '69 440/6 car.
plastic seats, 3:91's, 4 speed, healthy 440/6, about 3400 lbs
Funny about your dad though, both of us being smart enough to run OMC and Mopar??;)

action17
07-16-2002, 08:09 AM
thats kinda what i was thinking!!lol:cool:

ShorePounder
07-16-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally I was going to the Nats, which was going to keep me from going to the Rumble. Financial reasons on my end, and family reasons on my brother-in-laws end are keeping us from going to the Nats or the Rumble. We were going to take my brother-in-law's '64 Polara, and his Dodge Camper, but it looks like it's going to have to wait until next year. Next year I have to go to Columbus. A couple of the guys I've been talking to for the better part of a year on one of the Mopar boards are making definite plans to attend next year so we can all hook up. I doubt I'll have my Charger ready by then, unless I find a money tree sprouting up in the back yard. I really wanted to get up there this yera because I need to find a left front fender for the Charger. Somebody slapped a '72 fender on it and modified (read butchered) the marker light opening to fit the '71 marker light. OH well, it ain't like the car's going anywhere. :D

Well to your credit Bobby, you at least have good taste in land based power. :D