PDA

View Full Version : a.p.b.a approved life vest

jay1
07-24-2008, 08:04 AM
where can ya find these .....looking to find a cheap one....rules say a.p.b.a approved or lifline vest ...... what would be considered a p b a approved ....

transomstand
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM
where can ya find these .....looking to find a cheap one....rules say a.p.b.a approved or lifline vest ...... what would be considered a p b a approved ....

You'll need a vest with a current certification, probably from Lifeline or SRP. It will have a sewn on tag showing it's date of certification, good for 2 years I believe. Sorry, there's no such thing as a cheap one, I bought a Lifeline last week for $325 certified in June 08, I felt the price was very good. There are different model jackets, check to see if your class requires a certain type.

Pete

trashy
07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Just my opinion, and I'm not a racer. There should be no such thing as a "cheap" jacket. If I was racing, I would want the best that there is no matter the cost. Boats can be replaced, lives can't.

transomstand
07-24-2008, 02:00 PM
That's always been such a strange part of our sport. We'll spend $500 in a second to pick up 3 mph, but we can't part with the same amount for something that may save our life:confused:

jay1
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
well i guess i got the information i was looking for...lifeline,,,, or ,,,,srp thanks guys...jason