PDA

View Full Version : I wanna vomit......

B.Mac
07-14-2002, 08:04 AM
Watching a 250Lb police officer body slamming a handcuffed 16 yr. old boy's face into the hood of his squad car like a rag doll then punches him square in the face.......all caught on video.
THEN the D.A. has the video photographer arrested for "old warrants"
The major news media emphsized that the video guy has a "long criminal history" with everything from "DUI to DWLS". (The guy has three (3) vehicle related misdemeanors) and the stinkin' media paints him to be John Gotti to discredit him & take the focus off the real criminal here. The cop. If that was my 16 year old son I'd be livid. How long is this freakin' crap gonna be tolerated??? Due Process ...........I wanna puke.

As long as this "blue wall of silence" is encouraged and condoned by the public this and much worse will continue. There is a mindset, a mentality that allows those in authority, under the "color of law" to blatantly commit crimes that you or I would go to jail for. Please do not misunderstand me here........MOST cops are great people, doing a terrific & dangerous job. They deserve the utmost respect. But guys like these two cops, the Rodney king thing, and the hundreds of abuses that go on daily by the 5%- 10% of our police force tarnish and degrade the fine men & women who serve with respect & dignity.

I believe every urban police force in this country should be subject to review by a "civilian review board" made up of a demographic crosssection of the community they serve. I believe this board should be made up of everyday people of all color and income levels including the homeless and powerless to give a voice to those who are directly affected by such abuse of authority, as well as police officers to voice the concern of those that serve in authority. To create a mechanism for swift & impartial review of alleged abuse by those in authority & stop these sham "investigations". Finally, IF and I say IF it is determined by this board that it is likely (probable cause) that these men committed an act that would be a crime to the average "Joe" They need to be immediatly suspended without pay and tried in a Court of Law by a specialized "Prosecutorial team" unrelated to the local District Attorney, and if found guilty in Court........Fired on the spot, and subjected to a higher level of criminal sanction for violating and abusing thier authority. Any officers turning a "blind eye" to this behavior or hindering a civilian review boards inquiry needs also to be charged with conspiricy after the fact.

AGAIN.......COPS ARE GOOD FOLKS DOING A TOUGH JOB & I SUPPORT THEM 110%. IT'S THE BAD ONES THAT NEED TO FIND ANOTHER PROFESSION. WE NEED A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TOWARD UNNECCESSARY VIOLENCE BY POLICE OFFICERS. THE PUBLIC IS NOT THE ENEMY.

B.MAC :mad:

wierdkid
07-14-2002, 08:45 PM
In Schenectady, NY things got to a point there where they did put in a civilian review board a few years ago. I havent heard much from it, other than than the couple of cops that were taken to state supreme for extortion and a few other things,but the scare factor of it was probably enough to straighten out the bad cops. also, i wouldnt be surprised if a few other places have it by now.

Scott
07-15-2002, 06:40 AM
You said everything I would have said. Simply put "I agree"!:mad:

BK
07-15-2002, 04:51 PM
I saw the tape too, and was outraged. Felt like I was watching Rodney King all over again. I couldnt believe an officer could become so enraged and be lashing out brutally like that.

Then later - on our news - it said the youth was able to grab the officer by the gonads while his hands were handcuffed behind his back. And he wouldn't let go until the officer struck back.

I'm not sure how painful this is, but I heard it can hurt really bad.

If the kid really did squeeze the policeman's groin to cause him excruciating pain, I'd have to side with the officer this time.

B.Mac
07-15-2002, 05:54 PM
probably over 100 times before I got saved eleven years ago.
I have fought both with & without handcuffs (very stupid) and I can tell you that the only effective weapons you have when you are cuffed are your feet (they're lookin' fer that) and your head. The head thing works great......but only once. :eek: I can honestly say that I have been brutalized by multiple officers & ya know what?
I deserved every stinkin' boot in the face, club over the head & kick in the groin I got. I deserved it, this kid did'nt.

This 120Lb kid could'nt possibly have grabbed a moving set of gonads behind his back while in cuffs if his life depended on it.
Particularly after having his face pile drivin into the hood of a squad car from shoulder height of the cop. That kid was in no condition to resist any farther if he ever did.

Even if the kid did manage to make a grab for the cop's groin, the cops reaction was completely unnatural and against all instinctual behavior. His first instinct would be evasion at all cost; not attack.

One of the most effective basic offensive manuevers (a feign) in most styles of martial art forms is to threaten a combatants testicles, it is a natural and automatic response (almost involuntary) for the person threatened to drop his hands to his groin area to protect himself, usually leaving everything above the midsection wide open for a primary strike. Very rarely if you grab someones testicals will they punch you......at least until they know for sure you aint got hold of 'em anymore! They will most certainly attempt to intercept or compromise your grip with thier own hands as quickly as possible, next dropping & rolling to get away -OR- THEY WILL STAND VERY, VERY STILL, WITH A FUNNY LOOKING SMILE . It's not something you think about, ask any guy you know. As a matter of fact ladies go home & try it out......it works. (Please remember to stop before you make contact :D)

If all that fails.........simple :D
You beg, plead, smile & make any kinda promise they want.....till they let 'dem bad boys go:eek:

Owd owientew pwavewb: ......Confucious say......if man gwab you by chopstick.......you in deep #%*%:eek:

jo6pak
07-21-2002, 09:27 AM
hey bmac get your head out of the pillow case and get a look at the real world. cops are people too. you aclu rights activists are screwing up america beyond repair. i want to vomit too.

B.Mac
07-21-2002, 07:36 PM
And they have my utmost and sincere respect for a dirty, dangerous and at times, thankless job. .........but without that tape, that kid would have certainly been charged with resisting with violence, and gotten at least probation, and probably jail based upon that cop's testimony. Not to mention a lifetime criminal record.

I understand that Cops are people too, I understand that they make mistakes......It's not the cop I'm disgusted with, it's the indifference to injustice that gets me goin'. The fact that it is rampant throughout the US and unchallenged. What I wanna know is why are the vast majority of good cops afraid of these few bad cops? Simple.......Peer pressure and Administrative tolerance.

Oh......Just for the record, I am as far from a Liberal politically as you can get. :D

I appreciate your opinion but if you watched that tape who's really got thier head in a sack?
Respectfully,

B.MAC :D

B.Mac
07-23-2002, 07:49 AM
A 16 year old runaway girl in New Mexico was picked up and pile driven onto the hood of a police car. Then an hour later, the girl was crying in her cell, handcuffed to the bench by one wrist demanding to be permitted to call an attorney. An officer standing guard nearby told her to Shadup.....& she told the cop to ^%#* off. The cop opened her cell door, grabbed her unhancuffed wrist and threw her to the floor on her face, hog tied her, then put her in a straight jacket. THEN they charged the girl with assault on a police officer (because she was injured) & she did thirty days in jail before the A VIDEO TAPE surfaced and she was immediatly released with all charges dropped.

OH THE COP?.......2 day paid suspension :confused:

On the bright side.....it had to be another officer to release the Video to the media.......Now that's a good thing.........to do the right thing despite the risk of being FIRED by administrators for releasing the tape. That took guts man.......
Do you see any irony here?
Beat a 16 yr. old girl.........get 2 days off w/ pay.
Expose the truth.....................get fired.
Thank God for honest/ accountable cops.
B.MAC:D