PDA

View Full Version : looking for info on where to get replacement windshield for 1990 STV

decomaryan
07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
if anyone could give me links to a shop or anyone with a good reputation for a windshield for my stv that would be great.thanks

decomaryan
07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
noone knows where to get a new windshield? :(

BRB
07-19-2008, 10:28 PM
didnt have a wind sheild dont know about the canada version.

decomaryan
07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
hmm all the new ones at full throttle powerboats look like they have a similar windshield as mine.. mine is old and has small pressure cracks and i would like to replace it.

BRB
07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
stv quit building the pro comp in 1994 it never had a windsheild trust me, got one in the garage and have own a few. quartershots may have a windsheild but the stv euro & riverrocket dont. the mod-vp deck has a small one thats not even close.

STV_Keith
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Based on your avatar pic, you have the early non-inverted V center sponson boat, which had a lower deck height than the later Pro Comp decks. Someone likely put a windshield on it, but it's not stock.

decomaryan
07-22-2008, 08:06 AM
well that would definatly explain why i cannot find a new one :D thansk for your help guys! it looks cool so i may have to get a custom one made somewhere.

rutro
10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey I know this is an old post but if you are still interested in a windshield there is a place I can recomend. I just had one made for my '88 Kenner 21 tunnel and they do an awsome job, here's a link.....http://www.updplastics.com/index.htm.

jay1
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
a glasstron gt150 windshield fits on that hull better then it does on the glasstron... :thumbsup: frame and all ... as a matter a fact the slope of the existing molded screen not only matches the glasstron slope perfectly and the radious of the frame fits like a glove..the upper supports slope back perfectly to allign with the allready raised portion of your hull just behind the front seats on the sides......:cool: at the same time i was restoring my 86 pro comp i had to make a decision to get rid of a few boats in my yard and the gt needing the most work got disasembled ... at some point there after during the rebuild one of my good friends laid the complete shield on my deck ... it was absolutly amazing how well it fit... in my oppinion it changed the look of the boat for the better... however after bringing it up in a post i was told that " so much thought and consideration on arrowdinamics went into the design and bla bla bla" .... well to shorten the story i was scared to put it on.... but im telling ya ... it looked really good......not like a a crappy version of a early 60,s snowmobile.either...it flowed.....

Oencinas
11-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi contact the good people at quartershoot boat jack is the owner 904 4484029

jerry book
11-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Take the old one off and take it to a glass shop they can use it for a pattern to make another one out of lexan