PDA

View Full Version : rally sport, intimidatior, super boat owners, I got a question

northeastcat
06-30-2008, 08:26 PM
On my Carrazza there is a cable that runs from just behind the bow light towards the center of the windshield. I think I have seen a typical thing on some of the boats I listed? Well my cable has a coating on it that is weathered to the point where it looks like crap and is cracked in many spots. What are some of you doing for a replacement for this? It runs thru 3 or 4 stands before it gets to the windshield and has a fancy latch in each end, I would really like to replace it.
Thanks.

cutwater
07-01-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that cable is vinyl covered stainless steel - lifeline cable. It's used on the railings of most sailboats. I worked at a marine supply store on LI - they used to sell it by the foot. There were 2 or 3 diameters available. I'd bet if you found a good marina in Maine that caters to sailboats, you could get it. They might be able to swedge the ends on too. Also, Hamiton Marine in Portland lists it on their web site.

northeastcat
07-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks Kent.

Superboat Rob
07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
West marine re-did mine......came out real nice

northeastcat
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM
West marine re-did mine......came out real nice

Where are they out of? Do you think they would do a transparent blue coating for me?