PDA

View Full Version : Which one???

Stinky
06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Which one for basic amatuer home, pet, and horse show pics? And why?

Canon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999992700050003&type=product&id=pcmprd92800050003

Nikon
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=detail&storeid=2490858&rapid=0&listingid=-2091435490

Scream And Fly
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Tough call. They are both equally capable. Any difference would really be subjective, and you should try out both to see which you like better. The Canon does offer a bit more telephoto range with the lenses and slightly more resolution, though that resolution difference is barely worth mentioning. I'm betting the Canon will give slightly better high ISO performance too. I think Nikon's flash system is better than Canon's, though.

hsbob
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
thats about right. but go to a real camera store. i have 4 i deal with in seattle. when i buy a new lens i can actually try it out and if its not what i like they exchange or give me the $$$ back. find where the proffesional go. i also use camera west[ ritz] but make sure you get a real camera expert and not just a sales clerk.

silverbullet02
09-23-2008, 01:59 AM
thats about right. but go to a real camera store. i have 4 i deal with in seattle. when i buy a new lens i can actually try it out and if its not what i like they exchange or give me the $$$ back. find where the proffesional go. i also use camera west[ ritz] but make sure you get a real camera expert and not just a sales clerk.

Hey Bob, you know of any good ones on this side of the water? As much as I go boating and racing, there are lotsa times I wish I had a good camera for some quality shots. Thanks!

Brian

Hurricane988
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
I know with the D80 you can send it to Nikon and have features that are included when purchased that you will never use removed and it becomes a much faster. Great for taking racing and action shots. Used to do horse show pictures, not an easy job by any means. I used Nikons then also and always had great success with them. Get a good high speed flash system to accent the camera.