times my son is with me with his little life vest. Can anyone
point me in the right direction of getting a good lifevest with
padding behind the neck without paying alot. I can't see paying
the money for lifeline or srp.There very very nice jackets but way out
of my league too. The ones you buy cheap are always in your
jaw and constantly adjusting. Anyway just curious if their is a
company out their that sells something like this. My luck would
be order lifelin jacket and it wouldn't fit then your out any where
from 325 to 500 plus bucks. any thoughts would help?

H. hogan

Hottrucks
06-27-2008, 07:00 AM
keep you r eyes open for a used jack ...worth the $$ if you like your son.....

Fish
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
mercury used to make some with leg straps. Not a bad jacket, but IMHO this is the wrong place to save money, especially with a loved one. Lifeline has some pretty good sizing info, and if he outgrows it, they make zipper extenders and belt extenders to accomodate.

Like Hottrucks said, keep your eye on the buy and sell as well as ebay. Might also put up a WTB (want to buy)with a size, there may be some one with one they want to get rid of.

No one ever plans a steering bolt or skeg breaking, or a knuckle head in another boat or jetski doing something stupid, but it happens. Lifeline and srp are designed to stay in place when entering the water (instead of coming up over your head breaking or trapping your arms) and float a person face up no matter how you enter the water so even unconcious the wearer will be able to breathe.

At a minimum, you should find something with leg straps. Just keep in mind that Joe Ward was wearing a ski vest when he went over, and when sarge dove in to get joe after he blew over, the jacket was shredded and joe was about 3 feet under water. Fortunately sarge and euro scott where making a pass and got there within seconds and Sarge did what he did, it made a big difference in joe being with us today.