PDA

View Full Version : hot shot sprint tunnel

show-n-go h2o
06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
i have one of these from when i was a kid, it has a 3.5 nito O/B. how out of date is this boat? i have'nt been around any RC stuff for a long time but would love to get some parts and get this thing running again or trade it for a weedeater deep v

RIVERRUMMER 70
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
i have one of these from when i was a kid, it has a 3.5 nito O/B. how out of date is this boat? i have'nt been around any RC stuff for a long time but would love to get some parts and get this thing running again or trade it for a weedeater deep v

IF IT'S A K&B 3.5 CC FLUSH IT WITH SOME FRESH FUEL PUT A NEW GLOW PLUG IN HER AND FIRE IT UP.....MAY NEED A NEW FUEL TANK IF THE OLD ONE HAS SAT FOR MORE THAN A YEAR OR TWO, AND FUEL LINES, THIS SHOULD ALL BE STD REPLACEMENT STUFF, THE 3.5 ON THE SPRINT HULL WITH A GOOD PROP WILL RUN 45MPH EASY.
I HAVE A SPRINT "ABS" HULL WITH A TWEAKED K&B 3.5, PRATHER MOD KIT AND SOME OTHER INTERNAL IMPROVEMENTS ON 60% NITRO, IT'S JUST UNREAL FAST AND OUT OF CONTROL.
K&B IS NOW OWNED BY M.E.C.O.A AND PRICING HAS GONE UP ALOT,
STD 3.5 O/B IS NOW $248.00.
WITH SOME NEWER RADIO EQUIP AND SOME TINKERING YOUR RIGG WILL STILL RUN CIRCLES AROUND MOST OF THE NEW CHINA CRAP.
IF YOU WANT TO SELL THE STUFF YOU HAVE LET ME KNOW ......
TAKE SOME PIC'S AND SEE IF THE MOTOR WILL STILL TURN OVER....
GENTLY TURN THE FLYWHEEL "THE TOP, NOT THE PROP" AND SEE IF IT'S SMOOTH, IF IT'S NOT LOCKED UP AND THE MOTOR TURNS OVER WITH OUT ANY RESISTANCE IT SHOULD RUN.
CRAIG 1-815-334-1103.:cheers:

show-n-go h2o
06-17-2008, 04:37 PM
the motor still turns over, i've had it plastic wrapped. it hasn't been out of the basement for over 10 years. it was a wood kit that i built. i also have an abs bud boat, it was way to light in the front so i only ran it twice. i will dig it out this weekend and take some pics. we used to run 80% fuel. is that still around?

show-n-go h2o
06-24-2008, 11:06 AM
i looked everywhere for it and can't find it, only one last place to look and i ran out of time. im going over tom. i should be able to get some pics, im excited to get this thing moving again.