PDA

View Full Version : Tackling re-wire of 16 ft Bluefin Pro Fish 16 ft alumin boat

Brylk1830
04-30-2008, 09:00 PM
I posted some pictures below and I'm hoping those of you who are experienced with boating electrical sytems will be bare with me as I ask a few basic questions!

Recently I 've been doing my homework and I feel I have a good understanding of how to wire in my gauges, accessories, etc.. but I am confused about how to to add the wires that are already connected to my ignition throttle into the equation. I'm wondering what purpose each wire coming from the ignition throttle serves and also how I would set up a 24 volt system so I don't have to worry about draining my starter battery with the trolling motor and other equipment. Also, if I wanted to wire in my radio so I didn't lose the presets each time I shut off the power where would I wire it into?

At this point I plan on wiring in the isolater switch and then running a red (hot) wire from my battery to a fuse panel and a black negative to a neg bus bar under the dash.

The motor is a 97 4O hp 3 cylin Mercury outboard. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ps- You may be able to see from the picture but it looks like a group of yellow wires connected below the starter have melted a little bit..? What are these wires connected to and what could this mean? Thanks again!

Ken