PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on the floor

Plan-b
04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey everone,

It's that time in my life where i need a new floor covering, and i don't want carpet because i have enough of it in my living room. so any ideas and pictures of what you have done would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

afr
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
gel and web is always a good choice

NNT
04-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Look into a product called "seadek", it's awesome!!!

Plan-b
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I went to PPG to get some webbing additive and the guy behind the counter didn’t know what it was… so I decided to change my plans and bought a product called Nautolex vinyl flooring … it’s the pebble textured stuff in black. Its been raining here for the past few day so I have accomplished nothing… so when I get it done I will post some pics.

Fast Fig
06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
I went to PPG to get some webbing additive and the guy behind the counter didn’t know what it was… so I decided to change my plans and bought a product called Nautolex vinyl flooring … it’s the pebble textured stuff in black. Its been raining here for the past few day so I have accomplished nothing… so when I get it done I will post some pics.

Nautolex was quite popular back in the day, the key is the adheasive you use to put it down, and to make sure you have a smooth surface underneath to prevent bumps or imperfections from showing on your top surface......also any such high spots will wear quicker on a walking surface.
Remember to mask off the perimeter, take silicone and run a clean little bead of silicone around the edge of the nautolex to ensure the edges of the material will keep from coming up..........run your finger to smooth it out and pull the tape , you will have a perfect crispy clean finish and seal.............in a matching color of course.
Please make sure you do the work in an open area and ventilate the area well, that adhesive is very flammable...........if you use the non flammable stuff you will hate it .....it doesn't stick worth ***** or dry very fast.
B.T.W. only a fiberglass dist. would carry webbing solution....it's a gel-coat additive(not a paint product)that mixes in with the gel but doesn't dilute...........when you shoot your gel it splatters through out the paint job and gives you the spatter effect.
Good Luck!
FIG

Fast Fig
06-19-2008, 10:49 PM
gel and web is always a good choice

Clean, good looking, easy to apply, easy to keep clean, and inexpensive for it's longevity of the finish.

Plan-b
06-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Well I decided to change my approach and just use gel… I could not stomach the fact that I had to glue it down. I know PPG doesn’t have webbing additive for gel, once upon a time that location carried a webbing gel that I used for painting bikes when it was in style. So the floor is just plain white, as I was going to go for black and orange webbing.:thumbsup:

Fast Fig
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Since your a painter, kick it up a notch, you go to plan-c and just spatter the colors in paint yourself, there are many techniques to do it manually........a bit more work but done carefuly will look as good.......and the added flavor will add a nice contrast to the plain white floor ......BTW the holloween color scheme is cool!..............lol
Good luck!
FIG

jay1
09-13-2008, 10:12 PM
i did the floor on my stv in all white gel then tinted some blue thinned it a bit and used a paint stick in a flicking motion.... looks killer... ill post a pic... but i did do mine before the white kicked....

yachter55
12-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Fast fig you brought back some memories of a 1964 chris craft I redid in natulex.the silicone was a good tip as I used stanless steel staples.lucky it was wood. back then.20 years later it still looked good.

rjdubiel
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
for webbing, do you spray down your base color in gel, then mix clear with the webbing color with the webbing slution and spray? i guess i could just search it, that would be easy.

Oz Dude
12-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Since your a painter, kick it up a notch, you go to plan-c and just spatter the colors in paint yourself, there are many techniques to do it manually........a bit more work but done carefuly will look as good.......and the added flavor will add a nice contrast to the plain white floor ......BTW the holloween color scheme is cool!..............lol
Good luck!
FIG

That's how the guy who I got to do the graphics blending on my boat did my dash and it looks awesome - I always get comments about it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/OzDude/Rage/DSCF3183.jpg

Oz

Plan-b
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
:thumbsup:
Cool
I LIKE IT!!!

Oz Dude
12-21-2008, 09:26 PM

I don't know what colors you have on your boat (if any), but the guy who did mine basically picked off the colors in my graphics to do the splatter work with - that way it all blends.

I reckon that would look cool over a whole floor!

Oz:thumbsup:

Plan-b
12-21-2008, 09:51 PM
What I was going to do and what ended up happening are two different things as always… I sprayed the floor in white gel… the woman took a look at it and said “NO” to my idea of black and orange webbing. (The boat is orange with a black stripe) She said it would be too busy, I say the white is too difficult to keep clean. Oh well.

:cheers:

Oz Dude
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Show her the splatter work and tell her she can help :)

yachter55
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
:thumbsup:put a harley logo down and its all thumbs up