PDA

View Full Version : Two 2.4s on a hydro valero?

filter
06-27-2002, 03:11 AM
Can it be done?

filter
06-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Some body knows how to do this!

pyro
06-27-2002, 03:54 PM
The ass end will sink. I mean, come on, look at the transom! It's only about 3 feet wide!

Besides, why do you need twins?!? Put a 280 on it. The damned boat will do over a hundred already!

Why would you need twins?

filter
06-27-2002, 04:20 PM
Added 24gal fuel cel in bow. I like to take long trips. My 2.4 blew up threw rod. I found a 300xp and thought the extra torque would be fun. I like to bring the nose up at about 45degrees and let of on the throttle for just a bit then floor it while I adjust my trim adn jump out of the hole and hit the water flying. Very fun!! So if I can do that with 230hp what could I do with 400hp plus? I love my boat and have lots of fun with it but I didnt buy it to baby it I bought it to raise hell. Safely anyway. I run it like a jet ski and if it had wings I would fly it. So I am wondering what my options are the xp has 300hp adn im told a formula has 425 so I am looking for the most power that can bolt up onto the boat I dont care about going over 100mph. 90 is just fine with me I just want to get there faster than all these jetboats around here. I also think a V8 would run at lower rpms with less rebuils times. So there it is. Would it be cheaper to go twins or v8F1? Where so I find an F1?

Georgia Boy
07-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Is this hull stock, That is putting a transom thru pure hell! if you plan on doing this trying adding some knees, and doing some strengthening on the hull, some of the other guys here can probably tell you more, but I would not want the weight hanging on it and I definitely would hate to see the transom tear out and those engines be in the bottom of the river.